Talk

Advanced search

Cold water sterlisation bags

(6 Posts)
Ama28 Wed 03-Aug-11 10:43:57

Wheres the best place to get these, so far have only seen them at Mothercare - are there any other suppliers of these?

Thanks

Ama28 Wed 03-Aug-11 13:19:53

Well i just had a look in Boots and they sell the bags with the tablets already in them, however, the lady said, all you really need is the tablets and then like an old ice cream tub or something. Anyone taken this appraoch before?

Portofino Wed 03-Aug-11 13:22:11

I used to take the tablets and small tupperware container. You could stuff that with things for travelling so it didn't take up anymore room in the case. Worked fine for me. Well dd is still alive 6 years on anyhow wink

I used to make bottles using Evian water.

LIZS Wed 03-Aug-11 13:22:30

Have done both . The advantage of the bag is that the tablet is the right size for the amoutn of water whereas iirc the standard tablet is for a larger volume than an ice cream tub holds. Also easier to pack. As long as you submerge what you are sterilising either is fine.

Ama28 Wed 03-Aug-11 15:23:20

Brill - thanks ladies, with that in mind, i might just pack the washing up bowl :D

LIZS Wed 03-Aug-11 15:56:04

I think they recommend the container has a lid - to help keep items underwater and avoid spills (contains a bleaching agent).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now