Talk

Advanced search

Park and Ride Paris

(5 Posts)
Buddhastic Mon 01-Aug-11 20:03:59

Is there one? Where is it? Parking in the city centre costs a fortune but i cant seem to find any details of a park and ride. Can anyone help?

Lizcat Mon 01-Aug-11 21:36:47

I don't really recall seeing any park and ride as such. We have often gone from the train station of places like Tremblay en France, Masion Lafitte, Marne le Vallee or Coloumbier so parking there and catching the train in. Train prices are pretty good and it seems to work very well for us.
We only travel in the car in Paris when one of our 'French Family' are driving as aside from the parking it is mad and to be honest we need to be in one of their nippy little cars to survive.

PalmTrees Wed 03-Aug-11 09:12:23

Haven't seen a park a d ride but I live in the Western suburbs along RER A and there is plenty of free parking in the streets around the stations.

herecomesthsun Thu 04-Aug-11 03:02:19

We just got back and parked for free in the city centre for the past 3 days or so (gratuit weekends, feast days and the whole month of August). I am not sure whether that applies to absolutrly all metered parking though, so check where you stop.

Buddhastic Fri 05-Aug-11 16:50:18

Thank you all. If that's a fact 'here comes the sun' then that will save us a fortune. Will double check at each meter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now