Talk

Advanced search

Easiest transfer from CDG to Disneyland Paris (Dream Castle)???

(14 Posts)
gilliano1987 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:17:04

I am trying to find out the least stressful way to transfer from Charles De Gaulle to Disneyland Paris with a 5 year old and 2 year old in tow. I understand the TGV train is the quickest and I can book online now for £138 all in. But how easy is it to find this train once you step off the plane with kids/luggage etc? Do we need to be sprinting through terminals? And once I reach Disneyland, how do we get from the station to the Dream Castle Hotel. Can you use the hotel shuttle bus before you have checked in? Any advice appreciated!!!

ICantFindAFreeNickName Sun 31-Jul-11 21:21:56

The easiest way is to get a private taxi. It costs a bit more but was waiting for us as we came through the airport doors & took us straight to the hotel door. We got the normal shuttle bus back as it was a bit cheaper & we knew where we were going once at the airport.

gilliano1987 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:35:13

Thanks, been trying to book this trip slightly cheaper than through Disney and managed to get hotel/flights etc for reasonable price so far so don't mind paying a little more for a stress-free transfer. Looks around 150 euros return for taxi, will prob go for that!

Figgygirl Mon 01-Aug-11 13:39:26

Hi,
There have been quite a few threads on here about transport options from French airports to Disneyland if you scroll through the topics.

The TGV is not necessarily quicker when you look at the whole time taken from your arrival terminal to your hotel.
A private transfer can take 25 - 50 mins depending on traffic door to door. A few recommended companies are listed on the Trip Advisor Disneyland Paris forum, that posters regularly use. You do not pay in advance - pay the driver at the end of each journey. Some give a discount if you book both ways, so can cost € 120 in total for 4 persons.

If you decide to take a taxi, agree the price first, as some people have been charged over € 100 one way. A private transfer is the agreed price no matter how long it takes. The driver will be waiting for you in arrivals, holding a name board, with the vehicle parked just outside usually.

They will also have correct child seats if you give kids ages when booking, and some have DVD players with Disney movies.

The Disney VEA bus would cost you € 51, but will take longer and may not stop at the Associated hotels like yours. You may have to get off at the bus stops by Chessy railway station, then catch the free shuttle bus to Dream Castle. It depends on what time your flight arrives.

Figgygirl Mon 01-Aug-11 13:45:27

If you use the VEA bus for return journey, leave resort at least 3 hours before your flight time. There can be very long queues for passport control and security at CDG airport, and a long walk to your departure gate.
We also allow 3 hours using a private transfer, just in case of traffic problems.
Even using the fast TGV train, you should still allow similar time.

recommended transfer companies are
www.ezyshuttle.com
www.isprestige.com
www.prestige-transfer.com

gilliano1987 Tue 02-Aug-11 18:45:26

Thanks very helpful, only just registered so haven't had time to scroll through other threads etc, when I get time I will check out some of the links you listed. Much appreciated smile

Figgygirl Sun 07-Aug-11 04:18:02

If you need specific advice or help regarding Disneyland, people on the TA DLP/ MLV forums are happy to answer questions. Also read the Top Questions on both forums, and previous topics. The two forums are linked.
You cannot see the Top Questions list if you use an iphone.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-Disneyland_Paris_Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g226865-i2224-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

This website is very good for park maps, ride details, and lots of other info.

www.dlrpmagic.com/

Amateurish Mon 08-Aug-11 12:54:35

The TGV will cost about £70, assuming 2 adults, one child.

VaruniVanka Wed 23-Dec-15 14:33:46

Recently i used t2transfer.com/ and www.parisprivateshuttle.com/ and very much liked their services because of low price and luggage policy.

ruwant Fri 01-Jan-16 22:32:00

We used transfer private for travel from CGD to Disneyland Paris. We travelled with our three kids and they arranged the car seats for our kids, only took 35min to arrive at Disneyland. Very reasonably price. Highly recommended as operators can speak good English and were very helpful. See link below,

www.paris-disneyland-transfer.com

snowypenguin Sat 02-Jan-16 10:54:55

We use ezyshuttle. €70 euro each way. Driver meets you in terminal and drops you at hotel. His name is Brian and he's from Ireland.

Watsons567 Thu 17-Mar-16 21:18:28

We travelled as a group of 57 from Gare du Nord Eurostar to Disneyland Paris and back. We used a fabulous company who I could not fault. Brilliant communication and service. So polite and helpful and went out of their way to help us. The best service I've received from a taxi transfer company and would highly recommend and will be using again.

Transfer private

www.paris-disneyland-transfer.com/

Kirriemuir Sun 20-Mar-16 07:23:22

We use ezyshuttle as well. 70 euro ecach way. They meet you in the terminal and drive you to hotel door. Very easy. Nice people to deal with. Can't remember names but owner is Irish and one of the drivers is South African.

user1486775544 Mon 13-Feb-17 01:23:04

We have used airport transfer Paris that offers the most convenient, economical and safest way to travel during your stay in France especially travelling to Disneyland with a much cheaper service rates and excellent luggage policy that you can't resist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now