Talk

Advanced search

Cala de Sant Vicenc in Majorca - yes or no?

(5 Posts)
MaggieW Sun 31-Jul-11 16:22:38

Does anyone know this area, which is in similar area to Puerto Pollensa? Any comments gratefully received! TIA.

justbecareful Mon 01-Aug-11 23:28:17

Hi,
I stayed near this area, it is quite small place and felt cut off from other towns, has a small beach (you pay for the sunbeds) also a large ugly hotel overlooking the sea which mainly caters for British customers (First Choice rep was in the hotel grounds). Not sure I would stay here, very quiet area. Having had a rubbish holiday in Majorca (villa burgled) I would advise you to choose your accomodation very carefully, dont be fooled by exclusive fancy villa brochures, many villas are not what they seem and as I was told by a local many are burgled.

nancy75 Mon 01-Aug-11 23:29:49

the beach is nice but very small and gets very busy. There really is nothing else there.

hiddenshallows Thu 04-Aug-11 21:52:28

We had a very chilled villa holiday here 2 years ago with 18 month old. There are a couple of child friendly restaurants (kids menu/highchairs) and bars down by the beach and a few shops supermarket with bakery/chemist/newsagent small spar type shop but not much else. Scenery is stunning though sea right up to the cliffs. We hired a car and drove round the coast (think it took about half an hour) to the more commercial Puerto Pollensa which has a huge flat beach and the sea is like a millpond. Would definitely go back. Hope this helps.

3become4 Fri 05-Aug-11 20:30:27

Yes! Have been going there my whole life! It's lovely and much less developed than the rest of the island (but a lot more than it was 30 years ago!). There isn't a lot at the Cala, as others have said, so I'd probably only stay there if you're hiring a car. If so, there's loads of wonderful stuff to explore in the area. If not, you could consider Puerto Pollensa but it's totally different and overrun with tourists in summer. What sort of holiday is it you want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now