Advanced search

Getting a special issue/ temporary passport?

(3 Posts)
FeatheredHeart Sun 31-Jul-11 11:42:05

I'm due to travel with my 2 pre-schoolers to Switzerland on Wednesday but have just seen one of my sons' passports expired last week. There're no 1-day emergency renewal appointments anywhere in the UK before Thursday, there aren't any cancelllations and you can't just turn up and wait. One easyjet employee suggested contacting the local embassy (but none exist when you're in your own country) to get a temporary passport, but everything I've tried around the home office points me back to the passport application service. Has anyone resolved a similar situation before and how?!

EdithWeston Sun 31-Jul-11 11:50:00

IPS (ie the passport office are the ONLY people in UK who can issue a passport (sorry). Temporary passports are the document issued overseas for single use to get you back to UK if your passport is lost/stolen overseas.

Children's passports are valid for 5 years. Sorry to be stating the bleeding obvious, but if DCs are still pre-schoolers, are you absolutely sure you've read the expiry date properly?

FeatheredHeart Sun 31-Jul-11 12:23:30

No, you're right [hides head in the sand]. Panic over :-) Sorry...sorry...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: