Talk

Advanced search

tap water in majorca

(9 Posts)
breadandhoney Sun 31-Jul-11 09:52:55

Going to Majorca on Saturday. DD is almost 13 months but we haven't got her weaned off formula yet. Is the tap water in Majorca safe to use to make up her milk or should I use bottled water? I know when babies are small bottled water is a no-no because of the minerals in it or something, but now that DD is nigger I assume it will be fine? Am I wrong?

Would appreciate any advice.

breadandhoney Sun 31-Jul-11 09:53:17

*bigger blush

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

breadandhoney Sun 31-Jul-11 09:55:19

thank you. so mineral water from bottles is ok?

Kirst16 Sun 31-Jul-11 09:57:54

In my experience it is best to use bottled water on holiday and boil that as opposed to tap water. A change in tap water could give your baby a tummy upset, because of the difference in minerals and purifying chemicals in the water. When selecting a bottled water steer clear of bottled water with a high mineral content, and try to use still water that’s low in sodium. Look for Na (sodium) on the label and choose one that contains 200mg or less of Na per litre. Both Evian or Volvic are both good options and readily available. Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

brokenglass Sun 31-Jul-11 10:00:51

You can buy ready made stuff here in most supermarkets or pharmacys, dont use tap water,use bottled its fine as long as you dont boil it .

breadandhoney Sun 31-Jul-11 13:25:03

thanks everyone. I have some cartons for when we're out and about or if we don't make it back to the villa in time to make up the bedtime feed, but don't want to have to take loads of them. I think I'll stock up on evian when we get there and just boil it up to make the formula.
thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now