Talk

Advanced search

Planning a holiday to Australia with a view to maybe moving there! Feeling a bit scared!

(4 Posts)
CarrieOakey Sun 24-Jul-11 22:41:22

DH has a job that can easily get us to Australia. We have been to to pick our area and we can go. DH has been there but I haven't and I'm not prepared to live there without visiting first, DH agrees. We need to go out there and decide if we want to live there and in some ways get the wondering out of our system.nSo we are planning a trip at Christmas. I was feeling very excited about it but now I feel a bit scared. I think i am feeling scared that I might get out there and love it!!

oreocrumbs Sun 24-Jul-11 22:55:55

Don't be scared! I backpacked in Oz and loved it. Where are you going? If we were in a position to move to Australia I would! I really did love it there and think it would be a great place to bring up DC

CarrieOakey Sun 24-Jul-11 23:14:41

The second sentence in my op should read " we have been told to pick our area!"

We are flying into Sydney, driving to Melbourne in a mobile home and then flying up to Perth for Xmas with friends.

oreo what is it about Australia that everyone loves? What is it about the lifestyle?

oreocrumbs Sun 24-Jul-11 23:34:40

Its relaxing. The big cities are very similar to the UK but just more relaxed (and cleaner). I didn't go to the west coast but those who did said it was twice as nice as the east so maybe Perth would be good. Its hard to explain but the people are more positive, and the atmosphere is happier. Its not as hot as you expect so be warned you will need a jumper even at Christmas (mid summer in Oz). Presuming you would be based in or near a city, you really can have the best of both worlds there are loads of amenities it's alot cheaper than here. But there is easy access to open spaces and the suburbs are lovely. If it was me I'd head for Brisbane, half way up the east coast, lovely city and just down from the Gold Coast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now