Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feel anxious worried about long journey??

(8 Posts)
lookatthatmess Sun 24-Jul-11 08:49:54

I have a 7 hour drive later this week and before we go I always start to get worried and feel a bit unsettled.
Does any one else get like this?
any suggestions for staying calm?
I also have the worry of getting packing etc done.

MindtheGappp Sun 24-Jul-11 14:11:01

Are you worried about the actual drive or making sure that you have packed properly?

GnomeDePlume Sun 24-Jul-11 21:01:29

Can you research your route thoroughly using maps but also looking at google earth? Can you also plan your route so that you have plenty of stops. That way you arent going on a 7 hour drive you are going on 7 1 hour drives (or whatever).

cjbartlett Sun 24-Jul-11 21:09:21

Or get the train? Are you travelling just you and the children?

lookatthatmess Sun 24-Jul-11 21:43:17

Mindthegappp Its the drive I'm mainly worried about. I'm probably just being silly as I have done it quite a few times before.
GnomeDePlume I know the route quite well, it is mainly motorway, maybe that's what scares me a bit cause everyone is going so fast.
I was involved in a minor accident about 11 years ago, we were crashed into by a car behind us because he wasn't paying attention. and that was just in town not even a high speed crash but the front of his car was all crushed in and I suppose it scares me cause if anything went wrong like an accident on the motorway it would probably be a lot worse. I think I am worried aswell cause we have 2 dc now

lookatthatmess Sun 24-Jul-11 21:49:40

I'm sorry if I worried or scared anyone with my last post that's not what I'm trying to do.

jenpetronus Mon 25-Jul-11 07:36:12

I get like this too. We live in France and often I drive up to the ports with my two DS's. However much I think I'm organised I start to panic the night before. There is no reason - such as your accident - for me to feel like this. I try to use relaxation techniques - breathing, mindfulness etc but I'm not sure how much it works. Not much help I'm sorry, I just wanted to let you know it's not just you!

lookatthatmess Mon 25-Jul-11 18:53:48

Thanks for your replies, I'm trying to keep busy at the mo so I haven't got time to worry about it.
jenpetronus thanks for your reply, I'm glad it's not just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now