Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE SUGGEST A HOLIDAY FOR AUGUST WITH TEENS!

(6 Posts)
triplets Fri 22-Jul-11 23:17:19

Hi, dh wanted to go to the States, just cannot afford it, flights alone were almost £5000. Just cannot think of anything exciting and different. Kids want a theme park, dh wants not to much driving and I want out of a kitchen as even on holiday I end up cooking! Cruises all booked up, don`t want a 2 week beach holiday, please........any ideas?

chicaguapa Fri 22-Jul-11 23:42:07

Why not stay at a few youth hostels around the UK? You could all research places you each want to visit, then decide as a family where to go, picking the best. Part of the fun could be in the planning.

Bluebell99 Fri 22-Jul-11 23:53:22

How about lake Garda? Theme park Garda land, haven't been to it though. We did trip to Venice and Verona, boat trips, cable car up mountain. Last year we went to sorrento and visited Pompeii, mount vesiuvious etc. This year we are going to Crete. We were looking at Florida too and I remember your thread from a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't face the heat and queues, and it is expensive . Good luck!

SecretSquirrels Sun 24-Jul-11 16:50:53

We've been to Holland a few times, stayed in their Centerparcs. There is a theme park called Efteling and we did a mixture of sightseeing and sporty stuff.

fluffy123 Sun 24-Jul-11 20:33:21

Ncl Epic cruise ship from Barcelona still has some availability.

whippet Mon 25-Jul-11 11:29:59

Mark Warner watersports with a spa/ tennis etc for you?

There's still late availability in Greece I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now