Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trains & pushchairs

(3 Posts)
BertieBotts Fri 22-Jul-11 15:13:57

Going to be doing a 3 hour train journey in August, 2 hours on CrossCountry and one via Northern Rail. I'll be on my own with DS who is 2.10, he can walk of course, but I'd prefer some method of restraining him in the train station if possible.

I'm thinking it's likely that our luggage for the week is going to be crammed into the pushchair, making it difficult to fold down. Does anyone know how pushchair-friendly these companies' trains are?

BertieBotts Fri 22-Jul-11 15:22:05

Oh and an East Coast train on the way home - but that is only for 30 minutes, so I don't mind standing in the corridor for that.

notcitrus Fri 22-Jul-11 16:03:13

Just stick the pushchair in the area near the doors - it'll be fine. If it's rush hour people will trip over it but with luck you'll get a seat and can ignore them. smile

East Coast slightly harder as the vestibules are away from the seats, but I've always found the guards very helpful at getting me, ds, dn, pushchairs etc onto trains - if only so the train can leave on time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now