Talk

Advanced search

"Lost" passport, due to travel on Sat - help

(10 Posts)
DuddleDipper Thu 21-Jul-11 22:12:08

We cannot find one of our children's passports and are due to travel on Saturday. Anyone know what to do. Am not London based, nearest cities are Bristol, Newport, Cardiff ?

Am off to trawl passport office website now !!

GnomeDePlume Thu 21-Jul-11 22:24:51

It is possible to get it done in the day (we did it at Peterborough) for DS when we forgot to renew his.

Good luck!

Katisha Thu 21-Jul-11 22:28:18

It may have to be Peterborough. You need to get on the phone first thinhg tomorrow for an appointment.

Katisha Thu 21-Jul-11 22:28:57

Actually, hmm, Flying on Sat. You may not get an appt at Peterborough. Is there any sort of helpline open tonight?

DuddleDipper Thu 21-Jul-11 22:30:33

Thanks ever so much, even knowing it can be done is good, husband was saying 2 week turnaround for replacements but it must be different for emergencies.

DD2's friend discovered her passport had run out 36 hours before they were due to travel out to Spain. They went to Newport early on the Saturday morning, two weeks ago, got one and she flew out the following morning. This was her first adult one as well, so I think anything is possible. They didn't make an appointment. Got there at opening time and had one within about 4 hours. Take ALL your travel details, flight bookings, hotels/accommodation etc as proof.

rubyrubyruby Thu 21-Jul-11 22:35:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GnomeDePlume Thu 21-Jul-11 22:45:53

I think Peterborough needed an appointment but I made that over the phone. The people on the phone were very helpful. The people in the office were also helpful (there was a minor problem with one of the photographs).

DuddleDipper Fri 22-Jul-11 09:39:54

We phoned the helpline first thing and were offered an appointment for next Weds !!! Husband has gone off to the Newport office with spare photo, travel docs etc to see what can be done, wish us luck......

rubyrubyruby Sat 23-Jul-11 21:18:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now