Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hand luggage on a flight... can you combine 5kgs' to 10?

(11 Posts)
Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 15:47:00

I know you can combine suitcase allowances. At the moment, Monarch only allow 15kgs per person. Given that a large suitcase can weigh nearly 5kg's it makes sense to cram two allowances into one case.

Can this be done with the hand luggage, would anyone know? cheers smile

MABS Thu 21-Jul-11 16:01:34

no it cant. and if one suitcase weighs more than 23kg they can refuse to take it. just be careful wolfgirl smile

Catslikehats Thu 21-Jul-11 16:05:15

no you can't.

Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 16:27:48

Yes, you can combine 'hold' luggage. I just wasnt sure about 'hand' luggage. Can't seem to find a telephone number to double check.

Concerning 'hold' luggage. You can combine with Monarch to a max weight of 32kgs. Seeing's that we no longer get 20kgs, this makes sense to cobine into 1 case.

Hoping I can do the same for hand luggage. THanks for responses though. I wonder if T&C's are diff with diff airlines? hmm

Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 16:35:33

Da nahhhhh, found it. And NO, you CANNOT combine 'hand' luggage. Darn it! Have to take 4 bags now to maximise the allowance. OK, well.... that's that then. Am grateful I can at least do it for the 'hold' luggage.

Thanks ladies smile

MABS Thu 21-Jul-11 16:58:43

Really surprised Monarch allow one case to weigh 32kg, most airlines changed that a while ago, but as you say it varies from airline to airline. Check it definitely applies to both Monarcch scheduled and charter operated flights, would hate you to have a problem. have a good hol.

For info, and i travel a fair bit, I would never pack everything in one case to check. After losing one of my cases 15 years ago I always split our stuff across 2 or 3 cases so if one goes missing, each of us will at least have one outfit change. Also, i always put one set of swimwear for each of us in my hand baggage so at least we can get to pool/beach ok smile

Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 17:30:29

OK, yes, will double check, thank you. Agree, would not want to get there to be told different. confused

Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 17:32:13

here... took this from the Monarch airlines web site...

Hold baggage

■Hold baggage charges may apply with some tour operators - passengers will be advised of any applicable baggage charges when making a booking.
■If you wish to pool your bag allowance within your travelling party you may do so as long as no bag weighs more than 32kg.
■Premium Cabin customers are entitled to 30kg of hold baggage.

Wolfgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 17:34:45

MABS, yes I agree about distributing clothes in diff cases. MY suitcase went missing for a week on my honeymoon, and I had NOTHING to wear. Kindly neighbours to our appartment took pity and lent me all sorts from bikinis to shorts, T-shirts and dresses smile and of course, had to wear some of DH's stuff. So, lesson learnt. I agree about packing a few bits in the hand luggage too. And coming back, I shall pack more heavier stuff to change into ready for blizzardy ole UK! LOL

MABS Thu 21-Jul-11 18:11:41

have a great holiday Wolfgirl

Wolfgirl Fri 22-Jul-11 15:23:32

thanks MABS. we will! soooo looking forward to it wine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now