Talk

Advanced search

flying is cheaper on which days-USA

(4 Posts)
triplets Wed 20-Jul-11 23:47:47

So desp to find a holiday as my dh has cancer. Would like fly drive to Florida or west coast, 21 nights anytime in Aug. So far coming out around £6000, too expensive for us, any ideas please? 5 of us!

MindtheGappp Thu 21-Jul-11 09:33:11

Tuesday - Thursday is usually cheaper.

The BA website is a handy place to see which days are cheaper. You can start to look for flights - pick a random date - and they will give you prices for several days on either side too.

Figgygirl Fri 22-Jul-11 05:11:51

Not meaning to put you off, but do you realise how hot, wet, humid and uncomfortable August can be in Florida? Expect torrential rain most afternoons, followed by 100% humidity and higher chance of tropical storms. It is not really the best time of year to visit Florida.
The West coast temps and rainfall depend on where you are planning to go, as they vary a lot.

triplets Fri 22-Jul-11 07:56:21

I know figgygirl, its just its been my husbands goal to go back and we don`t know what the next scan result will be, he is stage 4 cancer. This is our first holiday in 4 years and as we have three kids we cannot keep taking them out of school. I just don`t know what else we can do as every time I suggest things he says its not the same as going to America and the kids scream Disney! We could do Paris Disney but he won`t!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now