Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp - yes or no and which ones to avoid/try?

(3 Posts)
Munzle Wed 20-Jul-11 14:13:35

I may have eventually persuaded DH to take DD(3) and DS (18m) abroad for the 1st time and I've a friend that's just had a great time at a Eurocamp in Spain. TBH it sounds like the kind of thing the kids would love, even if it's nothing like the holidays we used to take. I figure that if the weather's decent we can just take it in turn to look after the kids whilst the other one sits and reads for a bit. Anyway, does anyone have any good/bad experiences or can recommend a particular one? Wd prob prefer Spain and wd rather fly from the North. Thanks!

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 20-Jul-11 14:16:29

Watching with interest. We are off to our first Eurocamp holiday this weekend (with 4 yr old DD and 19 month old DS)

GnomeDePlume Sat 23-Jul-11 21:20:42

We have stayed at a few campsites in Spain:
- Playa Joyel in north eastern Spain (atlantic coast). It is next to a huge beach. We were there in early season and often had the beach to ourselves. The campsite is quite level (this can be an important consideration). It is in a beautiful area which at the time we visited (10 years ago) was quite unspoilt.

On the Costa Brava (med coast) we have stayed at a couple of sites:
- Castell Montgri near Estartit. This is quite a big site with fairly small pitches. It is set on a steep hillside within a (stiffish) walk of Estartit itself. It was a reasonable campsite with good pools (my DH was in the brochure for a few years!). Estartit is a typical seaside town and the beach (also within walking distance) is very big.
- Cala Gogo near Calonge – this campsite is very steep and TBH I cannot recommend it.

Is there any particular reason why it has to be Spain? On the whole we have preferred French campsites – the French ‘do’ camping.

Whatever your preference, Eurocamp/Keycamp/Canvas do provide great holidays for families. Go for the best accommodation you can afford. Go out of season as your DCs are small, peak season (ie school holidays) is expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now