Talk

Advanced search

Travelling Solo with Toddler and Baby and P +T

(4 Posts)
missusmrs Tue 19-Jul-11 08:53:40

Looking for some advice - late in the day(!) but getting a bit anxious.
I'm travelling alone Heathrow - Dublin tomorrow with ds (2.10) and baby (3m) and hoping to do it with the Phil and Ted's....has anyone done this? I have done it before lots with toddler and umbrella stroller but just worrying about the size of P+T - is it allowed? can it go to gate? I have 2nd seat underneath but it might fold better with 2nd seat on top? any tips on folding whilst holding baby and keeping an eye on a toddler? and will I get it at plane in Dublin? (have heard rules have changed and it goes straight to luggage reclaim....). Otherwise I am armed with snacks and toys for toddler and hoping baby sleeps....
Any wise advise to calm my nerves?

OhHelpOhNo Tue 19-Jul-11 09:11:22

Good luck! In a similar situation with a 2.3 and 8m old I used a sling, reins and umbrella stroller, which while exhausting was fine.

Do you really need p&t? I have one and love it but for travelling it was easier without. Every airline/airport seems different with giving pushchairs back, but I'd ask repeatedly at check in for confirmation and again at plane with ground crew and cabin crew.

missusmrs Tue 19-Jul-11 09:16:22

Thanks, ordinarily I would probably not contemplate the P +T but we are going for 3 weeks, will be rural and lots of walking to get anywhere so its more for the other side than the airport.....
Agree re diff policies - eveytime I have flown I have had different experiences re getting stroller back!

londonmackem Tue 19-Jul-11 09:21:35

It will be fine but be aware you need the P&T in the bag as they won't take it in pieces (unless the baby bit will go in a bag?). I would probably have a sling for baby and rucksack reins for toddler just for piece of mind. I flew heathrow to Jersey last year and it was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now