Talk

Advanced search

HELP-Caribbean wedding-best kids clubs!

(2 Posts)
CrazyOVERbaby Tue 19-Jul-11 06:59:24

Hi there

After 11 years and two children my better half has finally decided to make an honest woman of me. We'd like to go away to get married and were dreaming of the Caribbean. The sticking point for me is the kids clubs.

Even though we are going to have an amazing wedding/holiday experience of a lifetime, top of my list of priorities is the kids clubs! Ideally I'd like to be able to put my (then) 2 and 4 year old into a kids club for 2-3 hours on an afternoon most days to give us a bit of chill out time. My problem is that, like all parents, I'm really fussy about childcare. Clearly this is going to be their holiday too, and I want them to have a great time at kids clubs.

So, my question - where in the Caribbean has the BEST kids club? We were looking at Almond resorts in Barbados and St Lucia, but have read horror stories on trip advisor about 'grumpy, unwelcoming staff,' in the kids clubs which is filling me with dread! People have told us Beaches resorts is the gold standard in childcare, but the prices are a bit over we want to pay (although I'll save the extra money to get the right place for the kids)

Is there any where else - doesn't even have to be Caribbean, although must be fabulous!! We'd like to go in May (ish) time next year and have a budget of no more than £6000 for 2-3 weeks. Don't mind where we fly from.

Also - if anyone has been to anywhere that has (reasonably priced) rooms with separate sleeping arrangements for the adults and kids that would be great - don't fancy sharing a room with my two!

Thanks so much for you advice/experiences in advance. This childcare thing is stressing me out waaaaay more than is sensible!

HarperNine Wed 20-Jul-11 07:08:04

Google club med, very fabulous! you should be able to get a family suite and they will provide childcare for your 2 year old, many resorts don't offer childcare for under 3's or 4's?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now