Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris in Oct

(6 Posts)
leesmum Mon 18-Jul-11 10:37:05

Just booked 3 night 4 days for the October half term, just wondered if anyone else had been in Oct and can tell me what sort of weather to expect!! Will we need wellies and cagouls? ;)
We are staying at the Hotel Cheyenne, not booked the half board meal option because 1 night we are having dinner with the disney characters (for ds1's 7th bday). So can anyone tell me what eating out options are like and can i take snacks/drinks inside the park in my bag or is that not allowed. Thanks

Figgygirl Tue 19-Jul-11 04:03:29

Hi leesmum,
If you come and meet posters on the Trip Advisor Disneyland Paris / Marne La Vallee forum you will find many who have been in October for Halloween festival, as this is very popular.
There is a long list of Top Questions with answers on both forums ( which are linked ) and you can also read through previous questions or ask your own there. Posters who know DLP very well are glad to help.

Disney do allow some drinks and snacks to be taken into the parks through security checks, but not large picnics. You will notice people making up rolls etc from food at the breakfast buffet in the Cheyenne.

If you have not already ordered a birthday cake for your son's birthday Character meal, you can do this for € 25. They are quite large, but Cast Members ( staff ) will bring the lit cake to your table and sing Happy Birthday, along with any Characters present at the time- maybe Mickey and / or Minnie.
Which Character restaurant have you booked? Have you made a reservation?
October half term is very busy, so I definitely recommend that you make advance dining reservations for your stay before you go.
French schools are on holiday 22nd october to 3rd November.

Eating in the parks, Village or hotels depends on whether you want fast food, buffets or table service. There are a few options for Character dining, some more expensive than others.
HB vouchers can be used at lunchtime as well as dinner, so I would not discount booking it just because you want a Character dinner. Cafe Mickey is HB Plus category, so Plus vouchers can be used here to cover the meal. People with Standard HB vouchers can still use them in Plus or Premium restaurants, but they are taken at face value like cash, and deducted from the bill. You don't get the soft drink included using the voucher in this way though.
Which HB category to book depends on which restaurants you wish to use.

You can see restaurants menus and prices on dlrpmagic.com -they are usually pretty up to date. It is a very good website for DLP planning in general.

www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/

leesmum Tue 19-Jul-11 12:31:01

Thanks so much for that Figgygirl , i've had a look at the link and it's pretty much got all my questions covered! We had booked Ds1's dinner in the Disney Cafe but not ordered a cake because believe it or not both my two Ds's aren't mad on cake!! Good that i take a couple of cartons of juice and some friuit/snacks in with me (dont want them eating chips and drinking coke all day)
Thanks again for your help x

magentastardust Wed 20-Jul-11 00:16:30

We went in Scottish school hols a couple of years ago ( week before half term).
Was great as park was quiet and Halloween theming really good.
Weather wise couple of days were jeans and t shirt weather-pleasant for walking around in and sunny , third day was Baltic -absolutely freezing children needed gloves and hats and jackets!
Would take layers to cover all weather!

Figgygirl Wed 20-Jul-11 22:16:03

Disney railway station ( MLV Chessy ) is close to both parks and the Village - you walk past the station to get to the parks. There is a shop here that sells drinks, sandwiches and snacks cheaper than in the parks. You cannot take alcohol or glass bottles into the parks.
Agree that weather can be variable, so check the weather forcast for Marne La Vallee online before you go, but pack for all weathers really, including comfy rainproof footwear. Pack waterproof macs, or you can buy plastic capes with hoods in both parks if necessary. I always take a small telescopic brolly.
There are no lockers for hire in the parks, although you can store picnics in lockers at the railway station if you want. You can take bags on rides with you, apart from RC Racer which has bag storage at ride boarding.

Figgygirl Wed 20-Jul-11 22:20:14

I stayed at the Cheyenne in January, and wrote a detailed review with photos on TA.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d262686-r96370316-Disney_s_Hotel_Cheyenne-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now