Talk

Advanced search

what do I NEED for an 8 m/o baby for a sunshine pool holiday in hotel for 2 weeks via budget airline

(14 Posts)
champagnesupernova Sun 17-Jul-11 20:46:39

So minimum luggage thanks to crappy tightarse budget airline but doubtless will be a pricy laundry service..

or can anyone recommend a good baby travel wash?!

What is the minimum I need to take clotheswise?
TIA

downpipe Sun 17-Jul-11 22:56:22

Only been away for 1 week with a baby that age but he wore a vest mainly in the daytime and think just slept in a vest and a 1tog grobag.So,about 5-6 vests should be ok plus some more clothes for evening.Take an all in one UV suit for the pool and a few swim nappies too.I've travelled with babies on budget airlines a few times now and shove a bag on the bottom of the pushchair as well as taking hand luggage.No-one ever seems to count the pushchair bag as part of the allowance so you can put quite a few baby things in it.I've never had a problem finding nappies abroad but branded ones eg Pampers are expensive.Don't know about special baby travel wash but just take a normal one, or take some Fairy non-bio in a travel bottle if baby has sensitive skin?

LittlePushka Sun 17-Jul-11 23:12:35

A medal! grin Hope you get to relax!

champagnesupernova Mon 18-Jul-11 10:21:25

Brilliant thanks for this.

stressheaderic Mon 18-Jul-11 10:28:11

I took 7 mo DD to Spain last year in Aug on easyjet.
Stupidly took babygros for bed - she slept in a vest or tshirt every night, even with air con on, it was hot hot hot.
Glad I took premixed formula cartons too as we had a 4 hour delay <nightmare>

On the plus side, she slept much more than we hoped for as the sun knocked her out. She'd stay up of an evening til 10ish, then up at 9ish for breakfast so she often wanted a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon (in buggy, in the shade)...I even got to read 2 whole books!

We're taking her again this year at 18months and this year it's less 'baby kit' and more toys, books, teddies, colouring in, stickers, you name it! Got her a Trunki case for it all. Oh, and taking nan and grandad for help!
Enjoy your holiday.

Geordieminx Mon 18-Jul-11 10:31:44

this

fill it with water from the pool, position next to sun lounger, happy happy, in shade with water to play in

TheLaminator Mon 18-Jul-11 20:25:22

a handful of vests & sleeping bag.
uv suit, swim nappies
a couple of long sleeve tshirts/vests & short legged/sleeved suits
a couple babygro`s
hand wash stuff and everything is dry really quick.
a couple or 3 sun hats, your bound to lose one/leave one behind.
a warm snow suit type thing for evenings & traveling - easier than blankets.
mozzy net for pram/pushchair.
if you can afford one (we were given ours as a gift) get an OUTLOOK uv pushchair cover, sorry, dont know how to link, but sure you can google. We have found it priceless - it completly covers & protects baby in pram, but its mesh so you can see in & baby out. there is no messing about with parasols & you can plonk the pushchair pretty much anywhere & now little one is`nt goig to get burned. doubles as mozzy net in evening too.
Buy nappies & wipes there, supermarket own brand stuff is absolutley fine.
Take a few small suncreams rather than one big one - see sun hats.

We`ve done this kind of holiday with 18month old, then 2yrs & again in september with 6month old & 3.5 year old - we`re taking one of those thingys Geordieminx, i`m hoping to sit by the pool while the husbands off with the three year old. easy ;)

have a great hols champagne

Nefret Tue 19-Jul-11 09:58:12

Where are you going?

You don't need too many clothes for the day as long as you have shorts and t-shorts, swim suit, hats.

If it is hot where you are going you wont need vests, baby grows or long sleeved tops and you certainly wont need a snowsuit confused - surely they are for winter, not summer holidays shock

Just take a small amount of your usual washing washing liquid in case you need to rinse anything out.

Buy your nappies and wipes out there.

Someone said they wont take note of the baby bag but if you are travelling on a budget airline they probably will, I know Easyjet have a strict one bag policy.

londonmackem Tue 19-Jul-11 10:04:38

Easyjet and ryan air check your bags when barding so trying to 'sneak' a bag on may prove expensive!

londonmackem Tue 19-Jul-11 10:04:49

boarding

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 19-Jul-11 10:26:30

We went to Majorca last year when ds was 9 months.

We took loads of short sleeved/sleeveless vests for daytime and sleep time.

A couple of UV suits (a spare for the inevitable exploding nappies that happen the moment you put a swim nappy on him)

A rubber ring so he could happily bob around the pool with us.

Sun hats with elastic on so he'd keep the blardy things on hmm.

A few shorts/t shirts/romper things.

A hooded poncho for keeping warm after swimming

Some socks which protected his feet when he was crawling around the poolside

Books/small toys and loads of chocolate buttons small snacks to keep him busy on the plane. Things that take time to pick up and eat but aren't too messy (like a pot of dry cheerios, blueberries etc.)

Some pre made formula to keep us going until we stocked up at supermarket. Ditto nappies and wipes. Other nappies, wipes, toiletries (suncream etc.) were bought whilst we were there

TheLaminator Tue 19-Jul-11 11:21:22

re: snow suit, we`ve found that it can get quiet chilly of an evening in some sunny places - you dont have to zip it up fully. also if you`re traveling/returning home at night airconditioned airports (where you often have to get little one in & out of pram) can get cold, and its usually bloddy freezing when you get back here! so not that confusing smile
Maybe a thicker/warmer all in one, rather than full on snow siut with mittens etc ;)

Geordieminx Tue 19-Jul-11 11:51:10

I dont think it's going to be cold in Majorca on an evening in August grin

Although we do normally take a pram blanket with us, in our hand luggage. Nice to snuggle into on the plane, and to use as a cover up on an evening, plus it's good to have something familiar for them to sleep with.

Nefret Tue 19-Jul-11 17:09:25

LOL - I imagined a baby with a padded snow suit in a hot country!

It has always been very warm in the evenings when we have been on holiday so never needed more than a summer dress for my girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now