Talk

Advanced search

First holiday abroad with the kids, any suggestions of where to go?

(13 Posts)
Phoenix Thu 14-Jul-11 11:30:11

My boys will be 6 and nearly 3. I only want a 2-3 hour flight and preferably not too far from the airport. We were thinking about Alcudia, Majorca but the hour and half on a hot bus with 2 tired boys doesn't appeal to me grin

Thank you.

Phoenix Thu 14-Jul-11 11:38:54

Also, we want All Inclusive so any hotel recommendations appreciated too smile

Tuppenyrice Thu 14-Jul-11 11:46:15

Hi Phoenix
We hired a gorgeous villa through Villaparade.co.Uk

Not sure if that's up yr street?

Phoenix Thu 14-Jul-11 18:21:40

They look really nice and I'd love to but I don't want a holiday where I'd have to cook and clean iykwim smile

LIZS Thu 14-Jul-11 18:25:58

An hour and half is a relatively short transfer and Alcudia worth the trip (the journey is only an hour or so but you'll probably have to drop off around the resort). Alternatively book a taxi transfer. dc will be fine and if you choose sociable flight times you can arrive mid afternoon in time for a swim or visit to the beach.

Phoenix Thu 14-Jul-11 20:04:09

I do like Alcudia, and maybe by this time next year my youngest may sit still for more than 3 seconds a day hmmgrin

wigglesrock Thu 14-Jul-11 20:52:19

I have a 6 year old, 3 year old and 4 month old, we go to Ibiza - Santa Eulalia. Have been a few times, great weather, beautiful beaches, short transfers, really, really love it. Most of the hotels/complexes are all-inclusive.

Phoenix Thu 14-Jul-11 22:34:58

Thank you, will add that to my list smile

Phoenix Wed 20-Jul-11 09:10:56

Has anyone been to Es Cana in Ibiza?

Phoenix Wed 20-Jul-11 11:40:41

Bump grin

darthvanderjon Wed 20-Jul-11 13:52:29

Yes I have. Ibiza might be just the best choice in your scenario.

munstersmum Wed 20-Jul-11 14:01:27

Went to Es Cana for a day. Smallish resort, hippy market was fun, great paella. However, as your kids are young note the beach shelves very steeply.

We stayed in Cala Llonga just down the coast. Has nice sandy very gently shelving beach with small playground just behind it.

Phoenix Wed 20-Jul-11 17:58:29

Thanks smile. I don't think we'd go on the beach much anyway, if at all cos me and dh don't really like it and as we're going all inclusive we'll probably just stay round the pool smile

I've never been to Ibiza cos I've always thought it was for the night clubs etc. But I've been doing a bit of reading and there are some quieter areas smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now