Advanced search

Have your children travelled abraod to Europe without you?

(9 Posts)
LaCerbiatta Tue 12-Jul-11 09:59:15

We're sending dd on holiday to portugal with her GPs.
Does anyone know if we need and special authorisation for them to take her?

They're flying from Luton airport with Easyjet in case it makes any difference.


LaCerbiatta Tue 12-Jul-11 09:59:42

Ooops! should be abroad!

Nefret Tue 12-Jul-11 11:16:38

I think it would be an idea to write a letter for them to take just in case they are asked. They probably wont need it but it's best to be sure.

LaCerbiatta Tue 12-Jul-11 12:17:46

Thanks Nefret. We have a letter prepared but should it be notarised?

LaCerbiatta Tue 12-Jul-11 13:53:32


AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 12-Jul-11 14:46:18

I would have such a letter notarised by a solicitor.

The letter should be signed too by both of you and stating a contact number.

Kladdkaka Wed 13-Jul-11 16:39:00

When we travelled to the UK with a friend's child all we had to provide was a letter of consent signed by her parents, including their contact details. We didn't have it notarised.

Kladdkaka Wed 13-Jul-11 16:46:14

PS Don't forget to order her free health insurance card.

CestTout Sat 16-Jul-11 21:38:19

I travel lots with children I have nannied for in France and Ireland. After spending 2 hours at stansted I can add that I now have a letter signed by both parents which gives me permission to have the kids in x country for x amount of time. I also have photocopies of children's birth certs. Also good idea to include your phone number on permission letter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: