Talk

Advanced search

All inclusive. Two single parent families. Not too long a flight from uk. Can anyone recommend a hotel that you've had a brilliant stay at?

(16 Posts)
Theyremybiscuits Mon 11-Jul-11 17:35:07

I know it's alot to ask...

We are two families of three, my two DC have never been on holiday and I really want a break soon.

I am at the later stages of a divorce and would love to take my DC and my extended family away for a week or so somewhere all inclusive with a shortish transfer from the airport to the resort.

All the kids are under 12 years, and I just want to be fed and watered without hassle....

Thanks in advance! xxx

SchrodingersMew Mon 11-Jul-11 17:38:02

California Gardens in Salou!

Very good hotel, food was lovely (better than the food at the 5* hotel we stayed at up the road from it!) it's family friendly, has 2 pools and is very close to the theme parks and water parks. You can even see the fireworks at the theme park from the balcony. It's also only about 5 mins walk from the beach and all the shops.

Theyremybiscuits Mon 11-Jul-11 17:42:38

Thank you very much! Will look at it now.

SchrodingersMew Mon 11-Jul-11 17:44:23

You're welcome. smile

If not, if you can afford it I can highly recomend EuroDisney, however it probably wouldn't be all inclusive but the Kyriad hotel there is great as well.

Theyremybiscuits Mon 11-Jul-11 17:49:19

I've never heard of that one, is it near Eurodisney or off site IYKWIM?
Thanks again!

SchrodingersMew Mon 11-Jul-11 17:53:36

It's still at Eurodisney just not a branded Disney hotel.

The shuttle bus takes you there in a couple of minutes and it isn't as far as some of the more expensive branded hotels plus you still get park tickets included.

SchrodingersMew Mon 11-Jul-11 17:55:10

They have big family rooms as well, some with big glass doors instead of windows and AFAIK all the family rooms are ground floor.

rosie39forever Tue 12-Jul-11 17:15:45

Rhodian beach hotel in ixia Rhodes, Fab all inclusive hotel, lovely rooms great food, Two huge pools for the kids right on the beach and only 15-20 mins transfere from the airport.

Theyremybiscuits Tue 12-Jul-11 18:48:25

Thank you Rosie39, will look it up

mosschops30 Tue 12-Jul-11 18:52:27

Viva menorca in calan bosch is fab, been there twice, great for kids, relaxing for adults, clean, safe and a short walk to thetown.
Vista badia in sa coma majorca, again great for kids entertinment, very clean, lots to do at sister hotel across the road, the AI is very good here

hairypotter Tue 12-Jul-11 18:57:10

I loved the Paloma Grida in Belek (Turkey) flight was around 4 hrs but short transfer. The best ai I have ever been to. We went with 3 families and all the kids from 5 - 12 had a brilliant time.

Fab entertainment, 6 pools some with slides and 6 a la carte restaurants all at no extra charge as well as the main buffet one.

Banana boats, waterskiing and parasailing if you are a bit more adventurous smile

Theyremybiscuits Tue 12-Jul-11 18:57:54

Mosschops thanks very much indeedy - will look into this one too.

Theyremybiscuits Tue 12-Jul-11 18:59:29

Hairypotter I'm not too adventurous myself - but the Dc would love something like this. Thanks!

Fifis25StottieCakes Tue 12-Jul-11 19:02:57

Dont go anywhere near Bulgaria

ENormaSnob Sat 16-Jul-11 09:14:09

Another vote for viva menorca.

Hated salou.

hollyround Sat 16-Jul-11 18:19:35

I can recommend Club Med at Beldi, Turkey or any of the other club meds, it is fantastic value for money, very high standard AI and great for the kids. When we went there were quite a few single parent families and they all seemed to have a great time. If you want any more details let me know..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now