Talk

Advanced search

Help - transport bag for buggy?

(7 Posts)
MHLx Sun 10-Jul-11 09:07:59

Hi all

We are off on our hols on Tuesday, and I've managed to forget to buy a transport bag for my M&P buggy! I've been told that we can keep the buggy with us until we board, and they will take in to the hold. Does this mean they'll bring it to us when we are leaving the plane, or will it go to the conveyor belt with our luggage? If it goes to the conveyor belt, I assume I'll need to try and find a transport bag, but there is nothing local to me, so it would involve an hour's journey to get one, and I don't have much time over the next day or so. Any tips on what else I can do if I can't get a bag for it?

Thanks everyone!

twittergirl Sun 10-Jul-11 09:10:27

It will go on the conveyor belt with the rest of the luggage but you don't need a transport bag for it. They're nice to have but not essential.

MHLx Sun 10-Jul-11 09:15:44

Thanks - do I need to do anything to protect it at all?

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 10-Jul-11 09:34:28

We took our DDs buggy on lots of flights. We never had a bag to put it into. Depending on the airline and airport, it will either come to the stairs of the plane or turn up on the conveyer belt.

MHLx Sun 10-Jul-11 09:35:45

That's great, thanks.

twittergirl Sun 10-Jul-11 09:36:27

No you don't need anything at all. I do have a travel bag for ours and you might want to get one for subsequent flights but it's not essential so I wouldn't worry about rushing round to get one at the last minute.

MaryBS Sun 10-Jul-11 09:46:32

We bought a cheap buggy, rather than take a decent one on holiday. They CAN get damaged, even with a bag to put them in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now