Talk

Advanced search

£2.5K for 3 people for 3 nights to Euro Disney

(19 Posts)
gregssausageroll Thu 07-Jul-11 11:52:22

Are they taking the piss? Honestly? That is without any travel and it is midweek.

3 nights in October? I can get to Florida for less. How on earth do people afford that?

MovingtoSolihull Thu 07-Jul-11 11:56:19

That cant be right ?

We went as a family of 5 recently and dont remeber it being that much... mind you we did run up a horrendous bar bill by drinking which I am embarrased about even now blush so i have blocked all thoughts of money from my memory.

Are you staying in th pink hotel ?

rosie39forever Thu 07-Jul-11 15:26:57

Doesn't sound right, we're a family of 3 going for 3 nights in a couple of weeks staying at the sequoia lodge and are paying 1300 including eurostar and half board vouchers, so unless you're staying at the pink hotel and travelling 1st class its way too much, we've been loads of times and never payed anywhere near that. Which hotel are you booking and who are you booking with?

gregssausageroll Thu 07-Jul-11 17:07:46

It was the disney hotel but even coming to the Newport Bay we are still looking at £1400 for 3 nights without transport and no meals.

That was direct on their own website.

rosie39forever Thu 07-Jul-11 17:27:54

I've just seen that they're having a flash sale from tomorrow for 6 days with 50% off everything, dont know how flexible you can be with dates but might be worth a look. ow.ly/5wjWT

Figgygirl Tue 19-Jul-11 05:28:47

greg - you need to book at the right time, when there is a special offer like 40% off hotel/ tickets/ transport, and kids under 7 or 12 stay and play and travel free.
Different offers come out all the time, like Free Dining, 20, 30, 40 or even 50% off as in the recent one week flash sale.
I have never stayed in the Disneyland Hotel as I can't see the point in paying high price for a hotel room and breakfast. Anyone can book lunch or dinner in the hotel's restaurants, as in all the Disney hotels.
For basic budget Disney accommodation with Extra Magic Hours and walking distance to the Village and parks, see the Santa Fe and Cheyenne hotels. I stayed in the Cheyenne in January for 3 nts/ 4 days and thought the cowboy town theming was very well done, and fun for kids having bunk beds.
Sequoia Lodge is a nice moderate hotel by Lake Disney, 10 mins walk to the parks, and with more comforts than the budget hotels, and swimming pools.

Prices also depend on the time of year - January and February are usually cheapest, outside school holidays, but more rides can be closed for refurb at this time. Summer holidays are pricey, but you have longer park hours until 11pm, with electrical parade and fireworks every night.

A nice time to go for low crowds, decent price and very Magical experience is early December weekdays for Christmas celebrations, before schools break up, or early October for Halloween Festival weekdays, before it gets busy.

Figgygirl Tue 19-Jul-11 05:33:42

All the Disney hotels in DLP include buffet breakfast, which the Disney hotels in Florida do not include. A hotel package includes breakfast and park tickets for every day including arrival and departure day, so book an early flight out and a late flight home for maximum benefit and value for money, or use the direct Disney Eurostar train.

gregssausageroll Tue 19-Jul-11 07:05:12

Thanks figgy. Will look again. I appreciate you posting.

grumpypants Tue 19-Jul-11 07:12:11

gregs - we stayed at newport for halloween, 3 nights, family of g and it cost about 3.5k incl euro tunnel (we drove). Bloody ridiculous and the little dcs hated it. Def not going again.

Nefret Tue 19-Jul-11 09:51:07

I can't believe that price - it is outrageous!

We are hoping to do Euro Disney some time but I am not paying that price, our 2 week summer holiday costs less than that for everything.

I haven't looked into it yet but we are hoping to rent a cottage nearby and just go in for the days. I hope it is a lot cheaper that way or we wont be going shock

Ruthiebabes Tue 19-Jul-11 10:17:08

I wouldn't spend that on Eurodisney. I would save my cash towards a Florida holiday. A friend went for 2 weeks to Florida over Easter and it only cost £2.6k for 2 adults one child.

Eurodisney is way overpriced imo.

munstersmum Tue 19-Jul-11 10:27:27

3 of us got to Florida for less than that incl spending money Whit 2010. Had a week in a villa with pool, did 5 days in the theme parks & then had 2nd week in villa over on the coast, car hire 14 days. All elements booked separately.

NorksAreMessy Tue 19-Jul-11 10:30:15

you could nearly buy 7 saucepans for that price grin

bellavita Tue 19-Jul-11 10:33:03

I would rather have the lovely warm weather and go the Florida.

LadyDamerel Tue 19-Jul-11 10:45:34

We went in May last year, 5 of us for 4 days and 3 nights. We spent less than £1000 and that included petrol, food, EuroTunnel and spending money.

Wait until there's an offer on.

avaj Wed 20-Jul-11 20:53:20

Sounds way too much!
We went in April for 3 nights - family of 4, and it cost £460 without flights. Stayed at the Cheyene, which was clean and quite spacious.

munstersmum Wed 20-Jul-11 20:58:25

Morrisons (supermarket - explanation for the less northerly residents!) is running some sort of 3 nights for 2 Eurodisney deal at the moment.

hermionestranger Wed 20-Jul-11 21:06:58

I priced up the first weekend in December, including eurostar, staying Fri-Mon, 2adults, 1 DS and 1DS baby, staying at one of the none disney properties and it was £500!

Figgygirl Wed 20-Jul-11 23:53:41

If people are looking to go in school holidays without large crowds, go in May half term week, as French and Spanish schools do not have holidays at this time. Posters on the TA DLP forum reported short queues this year, with hot weather.
Also make sure that you avoid French and Spanish National Holidays as the parks are usually busy at this time.

We have been to WDW / Orlando 5 times, for either two weeks or a bit longer. Two weeks did not give us many rest days, as there are so many parks to visit, so we found we needed longer.
We stayed in the cheapest Disney hotels - All Stars Movies, which is just the room, no breakfast included. With flights for 2 adults , 2 kids, park tickets for Disney and the other parks, taxi fares to the non Disney parks ( DH did not want to hire a car ) our holiday cost around £6000.

There are cheaper places to stay outside DLP in the same way that many people stay outside WDW. DLP can be done on a budget, as this person did, with 2 adults/ 2 kids.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4311524-Trip_report_28th_feb_1st_march_Off_site_budget_break-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now