Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Inexpensive but good hotel or B&B in Bath..........any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
puff Thu 24-Nov-05 18:04:38

me and my best friend want to go to Bath for an overnight stay (Sat) before Christmas. We don't want to spend too much on accommodation - can anyone think of somewhere central that doesn't cost the earth?

Also recommendations for restaurants as we would like to splash out on a lovely meal after a hard day's Christmas shopping.

Roobietherednosedreindeer Thu 24-Nov-05 18:11:35

Dh and I recently stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn on the Lower Bristol Road (walking distance to town centre). Clean, modern & comfortable with a complementary breakfast. Also good for parking.
I lived in Bath for 7 years until 1998 so many of my fav restuarants are probably not there now - used to like Walrus & Carpenter (wholesome vege rustic), Woods, Hole in the Wall, Bathtub Bistro....

Roobietherednosedreindeer Fri 25-Nov-05 12:01:18

bump

HRHWickedwaterwitch Fri 25-Nov-05 12:08:53

Hiya, it was a couple of years ago but dp and I stayed in a hotel at the top of Milsom St and Broad St, anyone know what it's called and if it's still there? It was cheap, clean and central.

HRHWickedwaterwitch Fri 25-Nov-05 12:10:26

Just looked at the location, it must have been a travelodge

HRHWickedwaterwitch Fri 25-Nov-05 12:11:05

And they have £26 rooms on 29th Nov!

sobernow Fri 25-Nov-05 12:15:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sobernow Fri 25-Nov-05 12:16:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puff Fri 25-Nov-05 18:57:45

Thanks for your help everyone. Sat 3rd was booked everywhere it seems but I have got something for the following weekend a couple of miles outside the city centre, but taxis aplenty and a good bus service .

IntergalacticTheRedNosedWalrus Sat 26-Nov-05 09:29:16

Where are you staying? If it's the area I think it is, there are hundreds of buses into town.

Btw Roobie, those restaurants are all still there!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 14-Sep-07 10:22:10

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now