Talk

Advanced search

Florida advice?

(3 Posts)
MtnBikeChick Sun 03-Jul-11 14:45:21

Hi there
We are skiing in North America next March and we're thinking of going to Florida for a week of sunshine on the way home. However, we have only ever been to the Keys before and now we have a one year old and my cousin who will be flying down to meet us has 3 kids under 8. We DO NOT want to do the theme park thing...we want 5-7 days on a beach that is suitable for swimming, somewhere quiet and not too built up but with restaurants and cafes close by. Not too much to ask, I don't think! Can anyone recommend a particular area? We would ideally want to be in relatively close proximity (i.e. 1-2 hours' drive or less) to either Miami or Orlando airports for British Airways flights. Thanks so much for any advice from Florida fans!!

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 03-Jul-11 15:10:10

Why not look at Clearwater/St Petersburg areas?. These areas are served by Tampa which British Airways flies to.

roundtoit Sun 03-Jul-11 15:15:18

check out Naples on the gulf coast, fantastic beaches, safe and a beautiful place. Nothing like the theme park areas at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now