Talk

Advanced search

Do you haul your toddler car seat through the airport?

(9 Posts)
becknnico Sat 02-Jul-11 19:07:17

Hi everyone. I have flown with ds in the past but this was when his infant seat fit right into his stroller and I checked it plane side. Next month we will be flying again (5 hour flight..UH) and he now is in a toddler car seat. This is a huge seat and I have no idea how I will haul it through the entire airport along with my baggage. Also, will they even check it s they did before due to the size? I thought about asking a friend where I will land to buy one ( i will send money) but I dont really have the xt cash. What have you done in this situation?

missmapp Sat 02-Jul-11 19:23:06

We hired one with the hire car, cant rememeber how much it was, but it wasnt too bad.

RollingInTheAisles Sat 02-Jul-11 19:33:21

We did and used a go go baby stroller attachment through the airport. We were on a long haul flight and so fixed his toddler seat into the plane seat for added safety / comfort. Totally overpriced in England though good.

Seabright Sat 02-Jul-11 22:12:36

I've just been quoted E72 (about £70) to hire one with a rental car! Can't believe it! But ours is really big & heavy, and I'd be worried out it getting damaged in the hold, so don't really want to take it with us

RaisinHell Sat 02-Jul-11 22:24:19

Take the seat with you, wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in to a large holdall, a large plastic bag, a plastic bin bag or buy one of the car seat bags from Kiddicare.

Check it in, it's no problem with the airlines generally, I have done it many, many times even on Easyjet and Jet 2 no problem and no charge for a child car seat.

The car hire places charge a ridiculous amount for car seats which IME can be of dubious quality and in poor condition.

Seabright Sat 02-Jul-11 22:33:32

Excellent advice, thank you very much you've just saved me £70. Please allow me to purchase a large and expensive glass of wine for you with my saved cash

RaisinHell Sat 02-Jul-11 22:39:11

Very kind of you Seabright smile have a nice trip!

becknnico Sun 03-Jul-11 02:52:41

Thank you!!!

Lizcat Mon 04-Jul-11 18:27:37

After awful experience of hire car seat in South Africa I always take my own now no matter how difficult it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now