Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 3 week hol this Aug with 13yr olds something exciting!

(10 Posts)
triplets Fri 01-Jul-11 07:58:58

Hi under pressure by dh and trio to now find us a holiday. Our first proper break in 3 years as dh y/day got an all clear scan for cancer, next ct in 3 months so the whole summer free from treatment! DH wants to go back to Florida (wdw) but I am looking for other options as its going to be too busy, expensive etc. I cannot just sit by a pool for 3 weeks, love to explore etc. Ideas please?

fivegomadindorset Fri 01-Jul-11 08:06:02

Congratulations on the all clear, friends swear y Biaritz and surrounding areas, surfing white water rafting lost of places to explore.

stealthsquiggle Fri 01-Jul-11 08:26:45

WDW too expensive by far, or just because of ongoing ripoff costs once you get there?

How about Mexico / Carribean - all inclusive would give lots of scope for freedom for DC and as long as you pick an island which is not all beach then there are plenty of things for you to explore/do other than sitting by a pool. Could well be that you would get some good late deals?

sailorsgal Sat 02-Jul-11 18:20:05

How about Cuba? Could do a bit of beach and sightseeing? quite reasonable once you are there.

dinkydoos Tue 05-Jul-11 14:05:25

hi there

very happy for you re dh!

how about keycamp/ eurocamp type thing in france/ italy etc? the mobile homes can be great, 3 beds with decking etc.

we always went as kids and just loved it. loads of stuff for kids to do and as they are very safe you can give them lots of freedom which they love.

my brothers kids are 10, 13 and 14 and still nag to go every year.

pick the busy sort of sites with lots of activities. surrounding areas in france and italy usually fab so you get some nice markets, restaurants etc to visit.

good luck

mummymeister Tue 05-Jul-11 18:34:06

I vote for going somewhere for 3 weeks that you can stay fairly local to and don't have to think that after a week you pack up and move on somewhere else. what about an activity holiday through someone like Mark Warner who have a good reputation and should be somewhere nice. do you sail? you could do one of those island hopping sail your own things around greece and cyprus. good news for you and have a lovely summer

Sidge Tue 05-Jul-11 20:05:58

Not sure you'd want to spend all 3 weeks there but you could go to Barcelona for sightseeing etc, then along to Salou for a bit of beach time and they have Port Aventura water and theme parks.

We went last year and had a really good time.

Great news re your DH!

Northernlurker Tue 05-Jul-11 20:08:29

Can you still get eurorail tickets? You could do a bit of a tour. I would love to take dds to Italy.

Northernlurker Tue 05-Jul-11 20:11:04

Ooops I meant interrail

WhatsWrongWithYou Tue 05-Jul-11 20:11:18

You could go to Kenya with Neilson and learn to sail/windsurf/go on safari.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now