Talk

Advanced search

Gran Canaria- good place to holiday with young DC's? Any recomendations?

(6 Posts)
whymumwhymum Thu 30-Jun-11 20:49:53

We are planning our first ever foreign holiday, its the first time we have had the money in nearly seven years!
Crteria must be warm/ hot (planning to go next may or june)
No more than 4 ish hours away by plane
No major travel innoculations etc

A few people have recommended Gran Canaria, as its warm at that time of year but not hugely over developed.

Any opinions/ recommendations gratefully received, we are foreign holiday novices!!

countydurhamlass Thu 30-Jun-11 21:02:33

majorca has some nice places to stay, we like palma nova, its not very big, is very flat and has a nice beach. it is close to magaluf but we have never had any problems with drunken people (not sure what its like height of the season as we tend to go october and April/May time

Ealingkate Thu 30-Jun-11 21:05:19

We are off to Puerto Pollensa in Majorca in July after having it recommended to us by a few friends - supposedly , it's very family orientated with a lovely sandy gently sloping beach.

Phoenix Thu 30-Jun-11 21:21:02

Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria is lovely. It is quieter than the main bit of Gran Canaria, Playa Del Ingles. It is, however, quite hilly but really hot grin. I went there as a teenager with parents, brothers, aunties, uncles and cousins and I really loved it there. Our hotel there was an all inclusive called Peurto Azul. Me and dh honeymooned in Playa Del Ingles and went to Puerto Rico for the day.

countydurhamlass Thu 30-Jun-11 21:25:47

we stayed at puerto rico about three years ago in august, had a hotel near to the top of the hill and although its lovely during the day with plenty of places to wander to it can get very noisy at night which travels up the sides and we were awake well into the early hours of the morning because of the music

wigglesrock Sat 02-Jul-11 21:15:16

We have just had our holiday in Ibiza, obviously not the bit with the cool, young, skinny, trendy people (sob, those days are well behind us).

I have a 6, 3 year old and 4 month old, had fab time, have been there few times before. Have been in both May and June, and weather is gorgeous, only 2.5 hour flight. I have also been in Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria, also lovely but as previous posters have said can be hilly and very, very hot.

How old are the dcs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now