Talk

Advanced search

Flying Long Haul with 6 month old advice please! Thank you.

(5 Posts)
pinkposey Wed 29-Jun-11 18:47:42

Hiya, I'm flying from DRCongo to Paris (7 hours) layover of 5 hours in Paris then on to Washington DC (6 or 7 hours) on my own with a 6 month year old who drinks some breast milk, some formula and has just begun to wean.

I'll have a stroller, a large suitcase with my and his stuff, a car seat, a travel cot, a laptop bag (with two laptops and a heavy camera :-) ), his changing bag. Oh and the son!

Any tips on ANYTHING about how to do this in the easiest way, and what to take, how to deal, jet lag, any aspect whatsoever really would be gratefully received. I have no clue at all what challenges I'm going to face and what I can do to prepare. I leave Monday so any advice very welcome.

PS I'm so unprepared about this because my husband was planning to travel with me, but due to some Congolese government nonsense with my passport, mine will not be available til after my husband needs to be there, hence we will follow him.

PPS I guess watching the inflight films will be out the question :-)

THANKYOU!!!!!

EldonAve Wed 29-Jun-11 20:20:41

is someone going to take you to check in?
otherwise you will need a porter?

EldonAve Wed 29-Jun-11 20:21:16

in your carry on bag take twice as many nappies and baby clothes as you think you will need
also spare clothes for you

pinkposey Wed 29-Jun-11 22:02:09

yes, I will have someone take me to check in at DRC. OK. Good thinking on the twice as much nappies and clothes for me. Have never taken clothes for me before. Keep tips coming please please!! Thank you!!!!

gregssausageroll Thu 30-Jun-11 20:46:01

First of all, do you really need car seat (will it be legal where you are going) and do you need travel cot. Next why 2 laptops and camera - can't your DH take these? Remember you need to take all 3 items out of their bags and put them in trays at security. It is hard enough doing security with a child without doing all this extra packing and unpacking.

I'd check in the buggy and get yourself a baby carrier instead as this will leave your hands free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now