Talk

Advanced search

holiday with a teenager

(7 Posts)
mindboggling Tue 28-Jun-11 13:20:07

Any ideas welcome for a summer holiday to satisfy DD only child and a teenager who wants to be where other teens are and nothing too educational (bor-ing!), but loves being active and DH who doesn't do camping or strenuous activity and neither of us do very high (eg Med) temperatures? Its proving a nightmare.

bumblingbovine Tue 28-Jun-11 13:34:21

That sounds a bit difficult tbh. What sort of holidays do you usually have?

How about canvasholidays.co.uk?. I know it says camping but they have caravans and lodges as well see here www.canvasholidays.co.uk/accommodation.aspx.

If you stick to Brittany/Northern France it won't be as hot as in the South

Could you invite a friend of hers? that way they can do things together and you could choose somewhere that suits you and your dh a bit more.

mindboggling Tue 28-Jun-11 14:02:27

Thank you - the lodges at canvas holidays look very interesting.
We do try to take a friend, but can't always rely on that. In the past, we've been lucky to find similar ages around a pool etc.

Fimbo Tue 28-Jun-11 14:06:55

Center Parcs in Europe. We were at one in Belgium during May half-term. Dd did kayaking nearly every day. Swimming pool have flumes, outdoor rapid waves etc. There was table tennis, tennis, squash, climbing wall, paintball. We also went to one in Holland last year which was equally fab. Look up www.centreparcs.com

Each CP has different activities on offer for teens etc.

Fimbo Tue 28-Jun-11 14:09:29

You don't have to be too strenous as adults at CP. Some of the activities can be booked as part of a group. i.e. the wall climbing, so you could just dump your dd and run! The Belgium one we were at had a health/beauty centre where you could book massages for example.

Docbunches Tue 28-Jun-11 20:03:03

Depending on your budget, I would thoroughly recommend cruising as there is something for everyone and you can do as much or as little as you like.

I'm taking my two teenaged DCs on our 4th cruise in the summer hols - we're going from Southampton to Guernsey, France and Spain. You could also consider a Norwegian Fjords cruise if you're not keen on high temperatures (neither am I, hence sailing from the UK suits me fine).

I'm fairly certain that any cruiseship sailing during school holiday periods (eg P&O's Oceana/Ventura/Azura), will be crawling with teenagers and children of all ages. Once they've made friends, you won't see your two the whole time you're on board!

mindboggling Tue 28-Jun-11 22:32:17

Thank you everyone for these suggestions - very helpful and much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: