Talk

Advanced search

Can I cancel train ticket bought through 'the trainline'?

(5 Posts)
UnSerpentQuiCourt Sun 26-Jun-11 22:23:49

I bought a ticket through 'the trainline' online for Thursday and would now like to cancel it and just buy a different ticket on the day. Is it possible? I have to pick it up from the machine in the station, which I haven't done yet.

LawrieMarlow Sun 26-Jun-11 22:26:18

What sort of ticket was it? Was it one with a fixed date and time or was it a flexible one? Don't know about the trainline's policies but generally the flexible ones can be refunded whereas the cheapest ones can only be amended for a fee.

LawrieMarlow Sun 26-Jun-11 22:28:35

Have found this on their website.

You should be able to click on the Order Status tab on your account and it will let you know if you can get a refund (although you would need to pay an admin fee I think)

elphabadefiesgravity Sun 26-Jun-11 22:29:54

It depends on which type of ticket it was.

We needed to change one of dh's tickets and becasue both tickets were both cheap anyway it worked out cheaper to simply buy a new one. We could have changed the time for £10 admin fee.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Sun 26-Jun-11 22:35:29

Thank you for your amazingly quick replies! Just tried the website and their server is down, so will try tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: