Talk

Advanced search

Where to go for a family holiday with excellent kids club somewhere not hot

(13 Posts)
SweetDCofMine Sun 26-Jun-11 14:05:48

We're looking for a holiday for the whole family (DC are 7 and 4) that provides an excellent Kids Club (option of learning to swim would be fantastic) and a bit more for the adults than just beach and swimming pool. In fact, if it's not by the beach it doesn't matter. None of us like the heat. Doesn't have to be activity-packed for the adults, but just some villages to visit and some evening entertainment would be good. Would appreciate suggestions.

HerMajestiesSecretCervix Sun 26-Jun-11 14:10:55

Have you thought about kinderhotels in Austria? We're going back to one for the second time this year.

SweetDCofMine Sun 26-Jun-11 14:25:40

HerMajesties they look great thanks. My only concern would be the language barrier. Will English kids find enough children to play with?

HerMajestiesSecretCervix Sun 26-Jun-11 14:51:06

There were English speaking families at the one we were at. Also Italian and French speaking ones. Depending on the age of the dcs language sometimes doesn't matter!

SweetDCofMine Sun 26-Jun-11 15:25:34

I agree, for the 4 year old it wouldn't matter, but for the 7 year old it would!

djinthailand Sun 26-Jun-11 18:35:43

Have you thought about a cruise? They tend to have great kids clubs and generally a choice of activities to suit everyone. You can get involved with as much or as little as you like. You stop off at a new place every day so plenty of variety. We've done a few now and have loved them all. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old and they both love them too.

SweetDCofMine Sun 26-Jun-11 19:31:16

Thank you djinthailand. I wonder if I may have left it too late for a cruise? (late July - Aug) Would you be able to recommend any specific one?

djinthailand Sun 26-Jun-11 19:57:34

I've been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival with the children. Both were fantastic. They are good value for money because all the food and entertainment are included but you do have to pay extra for alcohol and this bumped up our bill quite a bit. We sailed from Galveston in Texas because we were living in Houston at the time. I suppose having to fly to your departure point would make it more expensive but you can buy the cruise and flights as a package if this is what you go for. Have a look at the websites for the cruise lines - they include the prices on them. Also have a look at another website cruisecritic.com which is quite good for researching all the cruise lines. I really can't recommend cruising highly enough!

Kiwinyc Tue 28-Jun-11 10:40:30

http://www.espritfamilyadventures.com/ - Summer Chalet holidays in the Alps. 4 days of Kids Clubs. British company, so Brit staff and families - we did Austria with them 2 summers ago and are going to France with them again this Summer. Really fun and good value.

djinthailand Tue 28-Jun-11 13:04:44

kiwinyc I've just had a look at the esprit website myself. It looks great. Do you think it would be suitable for a 4 year old and 6 year old?

Kiwinyc Tue 28-Jun-11 14:34:11

yes! We went in summer 2009 when my two were 6 & 3 and they were grouped together in the Kids Club. Most of the children were aged between 3-9 or 10 iir. Both had a ball and we had a break too.

djinthailand Tue 28-Jun-11 16:24:01

Sounds great. I'm going to send for the brochure and get something booked - probably not for this summer though. I'll have to have a look at the other school holidays and see when's best for us. I'm all excited now!

Kiwinyc Tue 28-Jun-11 21:07:09

Oh i hope you enjoy it if you do try Esprit! We are trying Belle Plagne this year and can't wait until August when we go! They have a great formula if you're happy to forgo the beach for a change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now