Talk

Advanced search

Online check ins... tell me about them?

(8 Posts)
iEmbarassedMyself Sun 26-Jun-11 12:47:14

It says I can check in online 24hrs before the flight, but then it says the check in opens 2hrs before the flight... So do I not have to check in there at the airport if I check in online? Or am I completely off the mark?
<baffled>

SoupDragon Sun 26-Jun-11 12:56:28

you can check in online 24 hours ahead, as it says. I would guess that the 2 hours is when the desk opens for you to deposit your luggage or if you want to check in the old fashioned way.

SoupDragon Sun 26-Jun-11 12:57:31

I've done this with BA and you check in online, print your boarding cards and then drop your bags at a bag drop desk.

Icoulddoitbetter Sun 26-Jun-11 12:59:12

Just remember if you check in on line and have hold luggage, you should get there pretty early just in case. We travelled with Ryanair with hold baggage for the first time in feb. They force you to check on on line, but we waited over an hour just to hand our bags in on for our flight home. I was not amused!

iEmbarassedMyself Sun 26-Jun-11 14:08:13

So I just print off the cards at home and then stroll straight through the airport?
I'm sure this shouldn't confuse me so much.
(So I don't have to be there 2 hrs early?)

Icoulddoitbetter Sun 26-Jun-11 14:57:34

You can do that as long as you have no bags to check, it's rather good actually.

iEmbarassedMyself Sun 26-Jun-11 15:54:23

Thanks both of you smile <gimmer>

Songbird Sun 26-Jun-11 15:56:12

Yep, the first time we did it we were 'is that it'. It felt like we were sneaking in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now