Talk

Advanced search

How to keep a toddler happy on a long drive

(3 Posts)
WhatsMyNameAgain Sat 25-Jun-11 10:34:19

Hi there,

we're off camping tomorrow for a few days. Unfortunately. I'd have loved to go for a month! sad
that's not the point tho, the point is - how do we keep the little one (21 months old) occupied on the journey? It's meant to be a 2-hour drive but on a sunday, in little country lanes could be up to 3 hours really.

Some background: he loves books and noisy/musical toys, doesn't fall asleep easily when out and about (actually could scream for quite a long while before dropping off in the car), and he's never been on a drive longer than 40 mins.

It's only me and DH to entertain him, and DH is driving. So mostly me really.

Any tips greatly appreciated smile

mummymeister Sat 25-Jun-11 10:53:47

My best friend travels everywhere (including abroad) by train with her 2. the best ever tip she gave me was to buy some new to you toys, books etc. give one of them to the child every half an hour and rather than meals do little snacks of finger food again within the half an hour. charity shops are great for finding things really cheaply that are new to your child like books and little toys. We also still have our selection of nursery rhyme tapes which i can sadly remember the order of still!

Geordieminx Sat 25-Jun-11 17:50:06

What mummymeister said.... Or a DVD player... Argos sell them for about £50. Money well spent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now