Talk

Advanced search

Greece - value for money destination?

(5 Posts)
nicmuz Fri 24-Jun-11 21:08:37

Hi all

Is Greece going to be be good value for money for a holiday this year with everything that is going on in their economy and with the euro, as i am a bit thick when it comes to things like this.

Any advice greatfully received. Thanks.

Ivortheengine8 Fri 24-Jun-11 21:14:42

I havent had a holiday there but I did stay out there for a few months with work 2 years ago.
I found it extremely expensive in the supermarkets just shopping for everyday stuff and was surprised at prices in general.

Salaries are very low so it just didn't work out for me but a holiday might be totally different. You might get a bargain in the present climate.

Nefret Sat 25-Jun-11 19:41:28

We went to Kos last year and found it very reasonable to eat and drink out.

kazmus Sat 25-Jun-11 20:08:02

just come back from lefkada, prices considerably higher than previous visits even in supermarkets like lidl basics very pricey. Petrol if you are hiring a car was at 1.69 euro a litre. Still would return but it's def not the cut price holiday it was. Eating out 2 courses with wine for 2 never less than 50 euros at very simple establishments. Hope this is useful.

ENormaSnob Mon 27-Jun-11 20:38:28

Greece is my favourite holiday destination but it is no longer cheap imo.

I noticed a huge increase in price when we last went in 2009.

I do love it though, lovely people, beautiful islands, great food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now