Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody had problems booking with Eurodisney.........

(6 Posts)
micromum Fri 24-Jun-11 17:03:23

We are a family of 6. When I was booking euro disney i had to make 2 bookings as disney can't do a family of 6 in one booking. (strange )confused
I made 2 bookings (premier class)smile and filled out the details at the bottom of booking form to say that the bookings where together.
We received the tickets in the post (nothing else, no maps or leaflets) and ive just checked the tickets today and they have put one 1/2 of the family at one end of the carriage and the other 1/2 at the other end. (and on return too)
We phoned them and ive been told its not there problem and if we cancel it for another weekend we will lose 75% of the holiday. angrywinebiscuit

What shall I do ?? Can i do anything ?

Figgygirl Sat 25-Jun-11 15:35:51

Hi,
Have you booked a Eurostar, hotel, tickets, package with Disney?
I have never heard of a family of 6 being split up on the train - I sat with a family of 6 on the direct Eurostar in Januarym, who had a package booked staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Most Disney hotel rooms take 4 people, so larger families have to book 2 connecting rooms, or a family connecting room in the Newport Bay Club which takes 5 or 6 people.
Travel cots can be added for babies / toddlers under 3 years in standard hotel rooms, but not an extra bed for older kids.
The best resort hotel for larger familes is the Explorers, which has multiple linking rooms for 4, 6, 10, 12 etc.
Disney do not send maps or leaflets etc in advance. If you book Express Checkin for the Eurostar, they will give you your park tickets, checkin documents, luggage labels, maps, programme etc on the train if you are boarding at St Pancras, or at the station if boarding at Ashford Intl or Ebbsfleet.
When you arrive in DLP ( MLV Chessy ) you hand in your luggage at the Disney Express desk on the top floor, then can go straight into the parks for lunch.
People who have not booked a Eurostar package with Disney can still pay for this service. I paid for my bags to be taken from the Cheyenne hotel to the station in January on my last morning, so I could pick them up from the Disney Express desk about 30 mins before my train home.
Try phoning Eurostar about the train tickets, as they may be able to help. If the train is not full, there may be room in your carriage anyway, or maybe worth asking someone if they can sit in your seats to make room for the 6 of you.
I don't know why you have two separate bookings, I will have to check this, as first I have heard of this problem.
A family booking a Eurostar/ hotel package with Disney should certainly sit together unless booking late and have to be seated in spare seats if the train is almost full.
You do mention weekend, and Disneyland is full just about every weekend of the year!

Figgygirl Sat 25-Jun-11 15:43:15

People without Express Checkin go to their hotel first, and will be given park map, programme, shuttle bus info, any advance dining reservation tickets, and tickets for any extra things booked like Character Meals or Buffalo Bills WW Show.
Rooms are not usually ready until 3pm, so luggage can be left in the hotel store until you return from the parks. Hotel Receptions are open 24 hrs, so it does not matter how late you return to collect your bags, if you wish to make full use of the parks and have dinner.
In July / August we don't go back and collect our bags and room key until around midnight as the DL park closes at 11pm after electrical parade and fireworks.

Figgygirl Sat 25-Jun-11 15:51:11

I must add that I always book over the phone with Disney, not online, as I find it easier, and not all availability shows online.
If you booked online, I wonder if that is why you had to do it as two bookings?
That may be the reason. Maybe you can't book two rooms as one booking online. That would explain it.
Seating on the Eurostar train is down to them not Disney. We had one separate seat once, in a different carriage, when we had booked quite late. Our carriage was not full in the end, so there was a spare seat anyway.
Most times our seats have been together, or at least in the same carriage.

onadifferentplanettoday Sat 25-Jun-11 15:54:00

I'm not sure why you had two separate bookings I have booked two rooms with a connecting door at different Disney Hotels on several occasions. IIRC it does say somewhere in the small print that they do not guarantee your party will sit together on the Eurostar and on a couple of occasions we have been seated not just in different parts of a carriage but in carriages at opposite ends of the train!

Figgygirl Mon 27-Jun-11 14:23:10

It is a long train as well - 18 carriages, with 2 buffet cars!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now