Talk

Advanced search

Oct half term, Sharm or Tenerife?

(9 Posts)
catanddog Tue 21-Jun-11 17:43:23

As title suggests, we are planning on getting a bit of a break for October half term......will be travelling with DS 4 and DD 1. Would rather keep to a shorter flight so thinking not Dubai/Oman, but am thinking about Sharm or possibly Tenerife. Am worried Tenerife won't be quite warm enough...any guidance?

rookiemater Tue 21-Jun-11 17:44:55

We went in the half term break last year to Tenerife and the weather was perfect, late 20s perfectly sunny but not scorching. We stayed near Costa Teguise which was very nice.

catanddog Tue 21-Jun-11 18:53:15

Thanks Rookie.....am torn between the two, as I don't want to get to Tenerife and then wish we'd gone to Sharm for better/warmer weather!

VivaLeBeaver Tue 21-Jun-11 18:57:07

Ive been to Tenerife the week after oct half term and it was overcast and cool the whole week. Too cold to go in the sea or the pool but warm enough to wear a tshirt in the day. Friends had been there the week before us and said it had been baking. Locals said we were very unlucky and if it hadn't been for the cloud it would have been hot. Actually the day we got there was sunny and it was very hot that afternoon.

Bunbaker Tue 21-Jun-11 19:37:37

"We stayed near Costa Teguise which was very nice."

I thought Costa Teguise was in Lanzarote. Is there another Costa Teguise?

catanddog Tue 21-Jun-11 19:43:24

Thanks Viva.....that's absolutely my worry!

rookiemater Tue 21-Jun-11 20:07:16

Oops sorry Bb I meant Costa Adeje. Yup I guess the danger with Tenerife is that its more of a risk than Egypt - hope we are lucky this year as already booked to go again in October

VivaLeBeaver Tue 21-Jun-11 21:00:10

It was a bit crap I guess. Tough to be honest we still had a lovely holiday. Plenty to do in Tenerife which doesn't involve the beach or pool I guess. I liked it better than sharm.

clottedcream Wed 22-Jun-11 08:54:23

most of my friends have done Sharm this year (around Easter) and raved about it....guaranteed sun, gorgeous hotels etc... Tenerife again we did Octover half term and it was very overcast and cold on an evening so not much for the children to do as the pool was cold as well

I'd opt for sharm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now