Talk

Advanced search

Is it too late to get a cheapish flight/break for 2 adults and a child (8) THIS summer

(12 Posts)
mummyofonegirl Tue 21-Jun-11 14:18:02

Did not plan a holiday for this year but have decided that we need to get away in Europe or alternativeky somehwre in the UK. Does anyone have any ideas everything seems terribly expensive and i think like the window is closing for a late last min booking

Any ideas/suggestions would be gratefully received.

mummymeister Tue 21-Jun-11 14:54:12

try lastminute-cottages.co.uk for some last minute deals. what is your budget like? realistically a cottage for 3 is going to be around £400 - £700 per week and caravans a similar amount.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clottedcream Tue 21-Jun-11 16:54:06

me too please....

2 adults
1 x ds age 6
can go from 24 July
7 nights

if abroad AI and from B'ham, Doncaster, E Mids, Leeds

if UK somewhere that has plenty to do for a 6 yr old (not devon, cornwall though as going in August)

Lookign forward to your suggestions Mild Mannered!!!!

mummyofonegirl Thu 23-Jun-11 10:40:34

Budget is about £500 is that realistic? blush thats all I can afford in the UK maybe £700 if going abroad.

Many thanks Guyy smile

mummyofonegirl Thu 23-Jun-11 10:40:51

*guys

mummyofonegirl Thu 23-Jun-11 10:41:53

Ooh and late July early August or

late August say tghe last week in August

many thanks

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fimbo Thu 23-Jun-11 14:02:56

Tbh £700 will probably land you in some grotty club 18-30 stylee hotel.

I would stay in the UK. Will have a look.

Fimbo Thu 23-Jun-11 14:05:12

Anything here

mummymeister Thu 23-Jun-11 16:28:20

Am struggling to find anything for that sort of price for you. Have found that our favourite place Wringworthy Farm cottages in Cornwall has a space in the last week of school hols for 3 of you which seems to be for £630 (difficult to tell from their website but this is their highest price!) which is a bit out of your budget. if you look inland a bit from the sea then you should find something for that price i would have thought. How about the website awaywiththekids anything on there?

mummyofonegirl Thu 23-Jun-11 17:33:55

Wow thanks Guys I had not heard of any of these websites so this in itself is very helpful. I know with the budget and all it is a bit of a long shot but at the very least I will be well clued up for next year. Will have a peak now and will keep you posted.

If you have any other suggestions I would be very grateful too.

Best wishes and thanks again
mo1g

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now