Talk

Advanced search

Stopover accom. for family of 6 driving to west France

(5 Posts)
whatatip Mon 20-Jun-11 14:44:40

This is a bit of a niche request, so I think I'll be lucky to get any replies.

I am thinking somewhere about 3 hours SW of Calais.
How can I find this?
We are driving to near Cognac, with 4 children under 7. The cheap and cheerful Formule 1 sort of places don't have big enough rooms (we need space for 2 cots). Also, we'd like a place with somewhere for the girls to be able to run around and get some fresh air so don't want to be in some awful concrete jungle.

Portofino Mon 20-Jun-11 19:53:42

Try www.booking.com. Put Rouen in as a destination and the number, age of your dcs, then open up the distance away. A quick search brought up a few alternatives, but I don't know when you are travelling.

The Suite Hotel Novotel in Rouen seems to have room for double/2singles and 2 cots.

quirrelquarrel Mon 20-Jun-11 21:28:52

http://www.toprural.co.uk/French-g%C3%AEte-Bed-and-Breakfast/Manoir-les-Pins_28539_f.html

This is the gorgeous B&B type setup place we always stay in if it's a car journey- everything is lovely, homely and not sterile without having to pay double for the token quirks and there's a big garden, chickens, trampoline etc....I'm afraid it is actually in Calais or very near. But otherwise it ticks your boxes.

ChippyMinton Tue 21-Jun-11 09:05:49

gites de france

I found a B&B (chambre d'hote) through this website. I have the same problem, with 2 adults & 3 children, the usual chain hotels are no good.

whatatip Tue 21-Jun-11 11:38:32

Thank you all. I will look at those web sites during my 'lunch hour'.

Quirrelquarrel, i think that sounds ideal if I could just move it 3 hours down the road. Shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now