Talk

Advanced search

has anyone ever booked a gite through Owners Direct?

(16 Posts)
smallwhitecat Sun 19-Jun-11 10:25:27

Message withdrawn

smallwhitecat Sun 19-Jun-11 11:10:50

Message withdrawn

ggirl Sun 19-Jun-11 11:20:28

have rented villa in turkey and greece through owners direct
no problems whatsoever
both times emaileed owners to get info about the place etc

follyfoot Sun 19-Jun-11 11:22:15

Been to Portugal twice and Menorca through Owners Direct and all was absolutely fine. Going through them again this year.

follyfoot Sun 19-Jun-11 11:23:22

PS loving the speedy bump - are you as impatient as me by any chance grin

Portofino Sun 19-Jun-11 16:52:03

I've booked quite a few places through Holiday Rentals and never had a problem.

whatatip Mon 20-Jun-11 13:32:24

We have gone with owners direct for about 5 years now, to France and Spain. We really like it and it is always our first point of call. There is lots of choice and the website is clear with all the info easy to find.

smallwhitecat Mon 20-Jun-11 17:17:05

Message withdrawn

smallwhitecat Tue 21-Jun-11 11:26:34

Message withdrawn

ellerman Tue 21-Jun-11 11:35:43

just off to France to a gite via Owners direct....seems to be very smooth process. I spoke to owner on the phone, then he sent a form for me to complete, with my visa details..

orangina Tue 21-Jun-11 11:55:25

Booked a house in Gozo through owners direct (or similar). Absolutely fine. Dealt with them directly, had no problems, they were lovely.

Badpups Tue 21-Jun-11 18:58:37

To give the other side - I own a villa in France and advertise it on Owners Direct. The whole rental process is very easy and you should find a phone number so you can contact the owners.
I'm always happy to talk to potential renters as it gives me confidence that the guests will look after our property (and if I have any doubt I won't rent it to them!).

Realitystrikesback Tue 21-Jun-11 19:04:51

Yes, several times here and in Europe.

diabolo Tue 21-Jun-11 19:11:03

I've rented apartments and villas in the Balearics, many, over the last few years and have not had any problems. I have only rented from English people, not on purpose, but I suppose this has meant no confusion with translation or understanding anything.

Some of the gites look amazing and we have friends who always rent the same one via Owners Direct, it gets booked up 18 months in advance!

omnishambles Tue 21-Jun-11 19:13:57

Yes in europe and further afield with no problems at all. The only thing I can think fo is to make sure they have a uk bank account otherwise it can be a painful Euro transfer.

tyler80 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:03:32

I've booked cottages in Tenerife twice through Owners direct. No problems either time. The first was a last minute thing so we paid in cash (Sterling) when we arrived, second was UK to UK bank transfer.

Second time we got about fifty million different emails from the owner, but he'd only just started renting out the place and was a bit nervous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now