Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nabq Bay, Egypt.

(3 Posts)
DrSeuss Sat 18-Jun-11 17:27:07

Hi,
Has anyone been to Nabq Bay, please, and if so, just how close was it to Sharm? Is it easy to get to things such as water parks and snorkelling? Last year we booked an apartment which was "15km from Bodrum", only to discover that it was 15km as the crow flies across a bay, not as the bus travels! We spent hours on buses in the heat just to get anywhere and are anxious not to do this again. We have seen an apartment in Nabq Bay which seems very cheap. Is this because it's nearer to Cairo than to the beach?!

njhc Wed 22-Jun-11 23:44:56

I went 3 years ago. From what I remember it was about a 10 minute drive to the airport, around 30 minutes to Naama Bay and around 20 minutes to Sharm Old Town.
I didn't visit any water parks but you can snorkel on the beach and see lots, there is a nice beach at Nabq Bay. I did do a snorkelling excursion from Sharks Bay on a boat and I think that was around a 40 minute drive.
However the Egyptians do drive like nutcases!

lateSeptember1964 Fri 24-Jun-11 16:59:50

Went to Nabq bay last year and never made it to Sharm as the heat was unbearable. I believe its about 20 minutes in a taxi. The beach at Nabq Bay was quite nice. We did a snorkelling excursion from Sharks Bay and it was the highlight of the holiday. Nabq bay is not near Cairo and if I remember is a days journey away. Remember it is very very unbearably hot in July. Everyone gets egyptian belly so you will need to see a local pharmacist if you end up with it. Don't ignore it or you will be very ill. I saw a water park on the way back from Sharks Bay but Im not sure that it is finished as it was on Watch Dog recently. Other than that I don't think there are any water parks in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now