Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hiking holiday with a baby - anyone done it?

(5 Posts)
mimolette Tue 14-Jun-11 14:32:45

We loved walking holidays pre-baby, and I am wondering whether it's something we can still do while she's tiny and portable, with her in a baby carrier.
Have failed to find much information on google though, and would appreciate it if anyone on here can share their experiences.
I would expect we won't be able/want to walk as far each day as we used to, and would have to choose the route and accommodation more carefully compared to pre-baby (not to mention reduce the beers with the pub lunch!), but otherwise it seems to be doable. Is there any reason why it's a bad idea, what problems should I anticipate?
In particular, I am thinking about a holiday in Scotland in late August, when DD will be 4 months old - any suggestions for baby-friendly hotels and b&b's also very welcome.
She loves going for walks now, and is happy in the carrier, although of course that could change as she gets bigger.

Bunbaker Tue 14-Jun-11 22:35:35

Scotland in late August will be full of midges, so I'm not sure it would be my first choice. What about Northumberland instead? You could walk along Hadrian's Wall.

mimolette Wed 15-Jun-11 05:32:25

Oh no, I hadn't thought of midges sad
We did Hadrian's Wall a few years ago, would like to go somewhere new. DH hasn't been to the Scottish countryside before, so that's why we were thinking of there.

Bunbaker Wed 15-Jun-11 06:52:47

What about walking Offa's Dyke?

mimolette Sat 18-Jun-11 04:32:19

Thank you, will check that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now