Talk

Advanced search

Holiday prices

(8 Posts)
lookingforthesun Tue 14-Jun-11 13:08:28

Just looked at prices for next year and am in shock .
We have 3 children and dont have 5000 to spend on a holiday, does anyone have any websites or places to recommend ?.
Kids will be 9,7,2 , we have been to a few holiday villages in the past but are not really that bothered where we go .
Thanks

Nefret Wed 15-Jun-11 12:28:04

We always book flights and accomodation separately. If you get in early then flights are cheaper and they go up and up after that. We tend to book a private apartment or villa rather than a big hotel. We booked a 2 bed apart in the Algarve this year and paid under £2,000 for flights and accomodation in August (2 adults, 2 children). It would have cost twice that much to book a hotel package.

Last year we went to Turkey for 3 weeks and paid £1,700 for flights and accomodation.

lookingforthesun Wed 15-Jun-11 12:37:48

Thanks that sounds good , what websites do you go on ?
I ve only ever done the package deals so wouldn't know where to start really.

frenchfancy Wed 15-Jun-11 17:01:01

Try ownersdirect.co.uk

Remember that you are booking directly with the owners, so ask lots of questions, and if they don't reposnd in a friendly manner try a different villa/appartment.

Ruthiebabes Thu 16-Jun-11 09:21:37

Have used ownersdirect.co.uk and holidaylettings.co.uk several times.. some lovely apartments/villas advertised by the owners themselves. One of them we stayed in was on the Algarve in a town called Lagos ...... www.holidaylettings.co.uk ref 14433. Its a good size apartment on a complex with 2 pools, bar, restaurant and is ony £595 per week in August.

Then book flights with easyjet or similar. Book flights as soon as they are released, normally in November for the next summer.

Much cheaper.

Nefret Thu 16-Jun-11 10:43:54

We have used Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings too, just google them. Villa renters is another one you could try.

mummymeister Thu 16-Jun-11 13:49:07

You can easily get a holiday for under 5000 in the UK in school summer holidays. Have a look at holiday cottages magazine, tourist board websites (like visit cornwall, visit devon you get the picture!) and save your carbon footprint by not flying!! You could go for something out of the ordinary like a yurt or a train carriage. Yes, i know about the weather arguments but volcanoes, air traffic control strikes, flight delays etc you don't get any of these in the UK.

Portofino Fri 17-Jun-11 12:57:42

For small kids, I love Keycamp/Siblu type places. Very family orientated with great kids clubs/pool complexes etc.

We are off (in 2 weeks time yay!) to France for 3 weeks - 2 weeks with Siblu at La Carabasse and then a week in a gite near Cognac. All accommodation was just over 2000 euros. I'll allow a bit more than that again for spending money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now