Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Family room in Paris - hard when there is 5 of you!

(13 Posts)
greedygoose Sun 12-Jun-11 21:10:50

Any tips out there, could not find a single family room for 5 just now, or do you just say you are 4 and sneak one in?!
Any tips gratefully received....

LynetteScavo Sun 12-Jun-11 21:16:16

Marking my place, because I did find a hotel, but saved in on another computer....will be back.

LynetteScavo Sun 12-Jun-11 21:17:22

www.sleeps5.com/destinations_france_hotels.asp

Have a loook at this for now...

MrsSheeran Sun 12-Jun-11 21:20:11

We had an aparthotel that slept 5 and was lovely, can't remember exactly where but will search and try to find it!

LynetteScavo Sun 12-Jun-11 21:22:40

I think it was the Hotel du Palais Bourbon....moderately priced, but 5 people in one room, in a decent area.

SherbetDibDab Sun 12-Jun-11 21:22:54

Good link LS.

My only other advice would be to get on the phone.

I did this when we booked somewhere, admittedly in Leeds, where they only did rooms for 4. I said we weren't interested in booking unless we could all share a room and they sorted it very quickly I have three young children but they're all too big for cots.

The world is very much 4ist place.

greedygoose Sun 12-Jun-11 21:43:30

Thanks all - looking again I'm now thinking appartment may be the way forward (near a good bakery for breakfast!) but thanks LS, that hotel looks possible...

wentshopping Mon 13-Jun-11 06:53:23

We stayed in a Citadines aparthotel, which was double bed and sofa made into 2 singles... I wonder if they would add another bed? They have quite a few Paris locations, and not too pricey.

SofiaAmes Mon 13-Jun-11 07:15:25

Look on kijiji or gumtree or craigslist for apartments for rent by owners. They are much cheaper than hotels and you will get much more space for your money. I have done this in various places in Italy with great luck.

Portofino Mon 13-Jun-11 09:47:10

I was going to recommend Citadines too. Also try www.booking.com - very good for suggesting family rooms.

PrinceHumperdink Mon 13-Jun-11 09:55:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stump Sun 19-Jun-11 20:15:46

we stayed here recently http://www.parisriverside.fr/en/ with 4 adults and 2 small children - it was fantastic - the owners couldn't have been more helpful. Although it isn't IN central paris it was realy easy to get into the center on the RER and actually it was nice to be outside Paris some of the time for a break. We were there 3 days and I would highly recommend with children!

sunnydelight Tue 21-Jun-11 02:53:28

We used to book through yellowstays.com - they have a lot of privately owned apartments, a lot of them are around the Marais.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now