Talk

Advanced search

Best products/tips for fighting the mozzies in Turkey in July?

(5 Posts)
befuzzled Thu 09-Jun-11 00:05:15

Have got some Jungle Formula and After Bite but would prefer some less chemically options for the baby and toddler if possible.

Graciescotland Thu 09-Jun-11 00:18:28

I like vitamin B12 and lots of garlic, no proper evidence that it works. A lot of my friends swear that Avon's skin so soft (moisturising oil spray) keeps the bugs at bay.

TBH I'd suggest making sure they're tucked up before dusk with windows closed and a mosquito net and maybe a plug in repellant.

befuzzled Thu 09-Jun-11 00:19:57

thanks any difference between all the plug ins or are they much of a muchness?

ivykaty44 Thu 09-Jun-11 00:25:03

purple turtle

I got 100% and 50% deet and wrist bands and ankle bands to put the 100% deet onto and slept with them on.

Along with electric plug ins

I got three bites in two weeks

avons skin so soft didn't work on Indian mozzis sad

Nefret Thu 09-Jun-11 10:35:35

You can get some good repellents in Turkey - Johnson's Off! and Sinkov work well.

As for non-chemical options try some lemon cologne, it is cool and refreshing and the mozzies don't like the lemon smell. It is perfectly safe for children, you can buy it everywhere there. You could also try one of the mosquito repellent wrist bands, I got some in Mothercare.

The plug ins are all pretty much the same.

Don't wear perfume, mozzies are attracted to it!

I tried skin so soft once and the mozzies loved it, I don't normally get bitten but I got eaten wearing that shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: