Talk

Advanced search

Cheap package deal cheaper than flight only cost?

(8 Posts)
Jbck Tue 07-Jun-11 21:24:54

Has anyone ever booked a cheap last minute deal just to use the flights? I've found a cheap last minute deal that actually works out £250 less than booking flights alone.

How wrong is it to book that but stay in other accommodation when we get there. We could rock up and pretend to stay I suppose but has anyone done it?

Would the holiday company care as long as they had got their money?

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Jun-11 09:01:59

How can it be wrong?
I would do it in a heartbeat with no concern about the accommodation provider. all you want is the flight and you've found a way to get it cheaper.
Do it.

Jbck Wed 08-Jun-11 18:22:20

Thanks kreecher. I might post in chat to see if anyone has had experience and if reps looked for them at hotel.

Nefret Thu 09-Jun-11 10:51:50

I know people who have done that and there is no problem. When you arrive at the destination airport just let the rep know you wont be staying at the accomodation or you may delay the coach while they wait for you!

Jbck Thu 09-Jun-11 22:08:59

We've never done a package so I didn't think of that either. Thanks.

rigocampos Tue 14-Jun-11 12:31:56

If you are planning to go to travel for a short sightseeing trip, finding a cheap package tour might be a good idea.
Thanks for the information here - I was really struggling to get a travel information but your site shows clearly and easily how to do this.!
-------------
http://www.flylink.ca

Lizcat Tue 14-Jun-11 13:27:48

Read the contract, there was an article in The Sunday Times travel a few years ago about some companies requiring you to check into the accomodation to complete the contract and if you didn't check in cancelling the return flights. I seem to remember them recommending that you check in and then immediately checking out to satisfy these requirements.

mumoverseas Tue 14-Jun-11 19:15:13

I've heard that too Lizcat, op you ought to check that out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: