Talk

Advanced search

Where to go? Somewhere warm in Europe in october with 1yr old

(8 Posts)
Tanyaaah Tue 07-Jun-11 18:26:31

We are planning a holiday in the October half term with our daughter who will be 14mo then. We want to be warm, near the sea, near an airport, near an interesting town/city and not in a tacky resort which exists only for tourists! There is too much choice and I have no idea!
We love Italy: food/wine/history and cities but want a beach, been to Barcelona twice, can't think of anywhere else though. Probably be staying in a rented apartment, not much cash to spend.
Any ideas??

Amateurish Wed 08-Jun-11 08:46:52

Portugal is quite good value - and Lisbon is a very nice city. Cheap Easyjet flights. It's on the coast so I guess there will be a beach around somewhere.

Sicily?

I stayed in Dubrovnik for a week when my daughter was that age. We got a lovely apartment in the walled city and self-catered. Beaches nearby.

Portofino Wed 08-Jun-11 08:54:42

South Of France - somewhere like Villefranche sur Mer or Antibes? Both within a taxi ride of Nice airport.

Amateurish Wed 08-Jun-11 08:56:25

Portofino what about Portofino? PS - I am going there tomorrow.

Portofino Wed 08-Jun-11 11:23:25

It's gorgeous - and expensive (like me grin) How long are you going for? envy It's not where I would take a baby on holiday probably. The rest of the coast is equally beautiful.

Amateurish Wed 08-Jun-11 14:16:19

Sorry to thread hijack! Only going for two nights and I am taking my 2yo DD. I will report back on suitability!

Tanyaaah Wed 08-Jun-11 14:32:06

Going for a week, I will investigate your suggestions! Thanks!

Tanyaaah Wed 08-Jun-11 14:32:59

Love Sicily, so may go there again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: