Talk

Advanced search

Euro Disney - would it be insane to go in July school hols?

(13 Posts)
clottedcream Tue 07-Jun-11 16:10:37

am wanting to take DS to Euro Disney this year cant do June or early July as dont want to take out of school.

So am thinking July just as they break up - am I insane will it be heaving???? But then agian will OCtober half term be the same?

What do you think?

Strumpypumpy Tue 07-Jun-11 16:15:57

I think, see you there! Booked a 6 day, 5 night stay for second week of the school hols back in January. Same reason as you and there was an offer on. It will probably be heaving, but we are going to the Davy Crockett and I'm quite prepared for the fact that we'll most likely dip in and out of the park rather than spend all day everyday there. That's my plan anyway!

clottedcream Tue 07-Jun-11 16:19:47

good idea Stumpy - not as if got to do it in one day Im plannign 3 nights 4 days

milkybarsrus Tue 07-Jun-11 16:44:16

If your planning 4 days then that should be ok as you can come and go as you please and not be under pressure, if its any shorter it would be a very expensive trip for the amount of rides you will actually get to go on IMO. And yes it will deffo be heaving, but then it is most school holidays. We love it there, so enjoy yourselves.

clottedcream Wed 08-Jun-11 08:40:10

ok sold it to me!

PalmTrees Wed 08-Jun-11 19:22:14

It's heaving all year round now, slightly quieter on a wet weekend in February but where's the fun in that! You should just go at the best time for you and make the most of it.

sleepysox Wed 08-Jun-11 19:27:26

The best time is May half Term imo. The French and other European kids are still at school- us Brits are the only ones on our hols. We've just got back and from Saturday- Thursday it was very manageabble, but was insanely busy after that.

May half term was muuuch quieter than when we went in the school summer holds previously.

HTH

wizzler Wed 08-Jun-11 20:08:10

Has anyone found any better deals then the one on the disneyland website?... i am planning on 3 days , 2 nights but its looking like £850 for the 4 of us, before I start adding on travel to St Pancras shock

sleepysox Thu 09-Jun-11 18:02:06

LAST YEAR THEY HAD A FLASH SALE FOR THE 1ST WEEK OF THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. Oops- sorry for the caps! The sale might happen this year if we're lucky.

sleepysox Thu 09-Jun-11 18:02:20

Meant to say that holidays were 50% off.

Figgygirl Fri 10-Jun-11 13:58:25

We have been going in the summer holidays ( July or August ) since the park opened in 1992 as EuroDisney. It is still my favourite time, along with early December, which is a great time for Christmas celebrations without crowds and long queues.
Both these seasons have Fantillusion electrical parade after dark every day ( 10.25pm in summer ) followed by Enchanted Fireworks over the Castle to music at 11pm when the park closes.
You will not see these at quieter times, nor during the Easter holidays, which are VERY busy.
With Extra Magic Hours from 8am this gives you 15 hours of ride time, and if you nip in a ride queue quickly before they put the rope across the entrance at 11pm you will still ride, so could end up leaving the park nearer midnight.

Don't waste time queueing for the selected rides during the day that you can do in EMH.

Summer crowds depends on what days and dates you go. Most local people have Francilien Annual Passports, so if you go on the Blockout days when they can't use them, the parks are less busy.
The busiest days in July and August tend to be different from the rest of the year. Saturday and Sunday are still the most crowded, followed by Monday and Tuesday. Thusdays can vary, and Wednesday and Friday are usually the less busy days.

Last August we arrived on a Monday, and had a long queue to get through security checks around 11.30am after checking in. The DL park was extremely busy, so after lunch ( book advance reservations before you go of course, for buffet and table service dining ), we did rides with a large capacity so quicker moving queue, or less popular attractions like the caves in Adventure Isle, Cabine Des Robinson ( Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse ), Mark Twain riverboat which goes around Big Thunder Mountain, Captain Nemo's Submarine Nautilus, and the two rides at the back of Fantasyland which often get missed by people - Storybook boat ride and Casey Junior Train ( both 30 mins queue ).
Small World and Pirates OTC queues may look very long,but they both move quickly as large capacity boats with efficient loading / unloading. POTC lasts about 10 mins, and Small World 8 mins, which is better than queueing for ages for a ride that is over in 2 mins like Dumbo Flying Elephants. ( Dumbo is open during EMH ).

Tuesday was also busy, and on Wednesday it was chilly and wet first thing, so we went to Paris for the day, and had a lovely time in hot sunshine. When we arrived back in DLP around 9.30 pm it had been raining all day, so the park had not been as crowded. Thusday was not too bad, and our last day, Friday was much less busy.

Another poster on the Trip Advisor Marne La Vallee forum went the week before us, ( also Monday to Friday )and they had shorter queues than we did. I think their dates were a Francilien Blockout, and it was also cheaper, as I had priced those dates as well.
You can compare our two Trip Reports on the forum.

Not going this summer unfortunately, as I went in January and am booked again for early October ( Halloween festival ), and going elsewhere in July and November.
I will really miss not seeing Fantillusion and Fireworks this year though.
Have a look at the DLP/ MLV forum on TA. New posters are always welcome.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g226865-i2224-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Figgygirl Fri 10-Jun-11 14:04:37

They also had some thunderstorms the week before we went, so that also keeps day visitors away!
Most rides and attractions are indoor or under cover, so your day is not ruined if it rains. Some outdoor rides may close in very bad weather, and also some outdoor shows or parades for the Characters' safety.

Figgygirl Fri 10-Jun-11 14:08:27

DLP 20th Anniversary next year! Going to be VERY popular time to go for the celebrations. Booking up to 30th June 2012 was released on the 7th June, three days ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: