Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance during pregnancy

(7 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Tue 07-Jun-11 15:13:04

I'll be 21+4 when we go to Spain in a couple of weeks. Usually I'd just get travel insurance for the two of us through Columbus or Insureandgo, but I wasn't sure if they'd cover pregnancy complications? (Yes, I know that I should go and read the small print of their policies, but trying to read them on screen makes me go cross-eyed... ) Any recommendations for pregnancy policies for a week in Europe? Thanks!

BabCNesbitt Wed 08-Jun-11 11:31:29

Anyone? You will have my eternal gratitude. For what that's worth.

LaterAlligator Wed 08-Jun-11 12:51:57

Hello! I'm not sure if this will help you, but have you tried the AA? I use the German equivalent (ADAC) and their travel insurance (I got the annual cover) covers a lot in pregnancy. Not sure if the UK AA will do the same but as far as I am aware the companies are linked so it's probably worth giving them a call at least.
Hope this helps!

BabCNesbitt Wed 08-Jun-11 13:17:30

Oh, I'd never thought of the AA! Thanks smile

Rosa Wed 08-Jun-11 13:24:15

Citybond....covered me ( but that was 2 yrs ago)

chinateacup Wed 08-Jun-11 14:02:06

I searched MN for this a couple of weeks ago and being the geek that I am, cut and pasted the answers. I haven't investigated any yet/ checked the links but the ones that were recommended were:

www.travelinsurance.org/
www.medibroker.co.uk/
https://www.ravenhallgroup.co.uk/
new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_22015--View_422,00.html

and a couple of comments of note:

""I just wanted to point out that whatever policy you take out you should check that it would also cover the baby's care if it was born early. If you did give birth and weren't covered you would only be entitled to the basic cover of the EHIC - which would not cover repatriation etc""

""I first took out a policy with the AA and when I checked with them they told me they wouldn't cover the baby so I cancelled that policy, rang around some other companies and ended up with Insureandgo who confirmed that they would cover the baby too.""

I am a dullard, I know wink

chinateacup Wed 08-Jun-11 14:03:08

NB Some of the threads were fairly old so caveating again with the fact that these may not be of any use at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: