Talk

Advanced search

Need to get from Kings Cross to Waterloo via tube - can anyone help?

(12 Posts)
clottedcream Tue 07-Jun-11 13:16:01

can you help me plan my route?

omnishambles Tue 07-Jun-11 13:17:15

Just go to the tfl site and do it on there.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 07-Jun-11 13:17:17

northern line

omnishambles Tue 07-Jun-11 13:17:52

lmgtfy. I always love saying that grin

BelovedCunt Tue 07-Jun-11 13:19:36

what bibbity said. it is v. straightforward

joydivisionovengloves Tue 07-Jun-11 13:53:09

Waterloo and Kings Cross are on different branches of the Northern Line so you would need to change at Euston. It's sucha short walk from Euston to Kings Cross it's probably not worth changing though.

BabCNesbitt Tue 07-Jun-11 15:09:25

Does it need to be via tube? Get the 59 bus from Waterloo station (walk up a bit towards the IMAX) and it goes straight to King's Cross. Journey should be about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.

Ephiny Tue 07-Jun-11 15:12:39

Agree unless you have a massively heavy suitcase or something, just walk to Euston station (straight along Euston Road) instead of faffing around with changing lines.

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 07-Jun-11 15:25:18

Easiest is to walk to Euston (it's only a few minutes) - from there I'd allow 20 minutes on the Northern line to get to Waterloo. If you can't walk to Euston and are going to end up changing lines (lots of bags/pushchair/whatever) anyway then your other options are
Victoria Line one stop to Warren Street and then Northern Line
Piccadilly Line about three stops to Leicester Square then Northern Line
Northern Line from King's Cross (so the "wrong" bit to get to Waterloo) and then change at London Bridge and go two stops on the Jubilee line - this is a disabled route so good if you have lots of bags as there should be a lift (sometimes for disabled access only, but as a student I found that me+giant suitcase+looking pathetic=friendly staff and access to the lift).

IIRC you can get to Euston underground from King's Cross anyway - you certainly used to be able to before they did all the new stuff to the KC/St Pancras underground.

I know you said tube and it's annoying when people offer "better" advice but if timing isn't an issue then you can get the bus.

It doesn't hurt to have a reserve route up your sleeve anyway, in case you turn up and find a line is down or there are delays and you can smugly bypass the crowds trying to work out new routes.

ruddynorah Tue 07-Jun-11 15:36:41

Have you got a smart phone? There's an app for tube route planning, and even bus route planning.

clottedcream Tue 07-Jun-11 16:12:06

thank you will walk to euston

MmeBlueberry Tue 07-Jun-11 18:16:12

Take the tube via Leicester Square.

If you have heavy or bulky baggage, take the bus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now